Author Topic: Here's to our military personel- !!!  (Read 1022 times)

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Here's to our military personel- !!!
« on: January 20, 2005, 05:41:07 PM »
There is a feel good story of the year that is brewing. It is in the "Alaska hunting" forum.

Long story short- Daveinthebush is offering a hunting/fishing excursion (at mainly his expense) for our fellow military personel that have seen time in Iraq. If you want the details on it, go down and read it.

What this gentleman (D.I.B.) is proposing, is what the media should be reporting on. I know that negative crap sells, but damb it, so should this.

I do not personaly know Dave, and he does not personaly know me. Whats my point, you ask? My point is that when I see something like this, (a very fine gesture), I am going to speak up and say what needs to be said. By that, I mean I will advertise this story.

Daveinthebush, thanks for doin' something for our real American hero's!!!!

It is stories such as this that should be airing on CNN

Since we are in the saloon dave, I will offer this- PUT YOUR WALLET BACK IN YER POCKET, CAUSE I AM BYING!!!!!!

Offline Matt in AK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Yep
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 02:49:40 AM »
Eyesore -- you said a mouthful.  Dave isn't the only one out there doin' nice things though.  There's a fella from Kentucky who frequents this saloon and did a similar thing.  He took a vet and his son deer hunting on his farm this past Fall.  Just thinking about that hunt made for some comfortin' dreams while that vet was deployed.

There are a whole lot a fine folks in this country and you'll find an awful lot of them totin' pistols and fishin' rods, drivin' pickup trucks, drinkin' beer, and flyin' flags.  They are the ones who go beyond words of support for the troops and do that little bit extra...whether they believe this war was ill-timed or not.  Maybe they've offered a hunt, sent over a few magazines, bought a few phone cards, or shook a vet's hand in the mall or restaurant.

There are a lot of lyin', cowardly, fair-weather folks as well.  They tend not to tote guns and fishin' poles, nor drive trucks, nor drink beer, and damned sure don't fly our flag.  They walk around saying "I support our troops" but certainly can't show you just exactly "how" they've supported them.
Isaiah 6:8