Author Topic: north american arms  (Read 672 times)

Offline yosimite sam

• Trade Count: (0)
north american arms
« on: January 22, 2005, 02:36:25 AM »
I am looking at getting my wife a North american arms .32 NAA caliber semi-automatic pistol has anyone had any experience with these pistols? I am mostly concerned with recoil and ease of operation in a stressful situation.

Offline rockbilly

north american arms
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:40:41 AM »
I haven't had any experience with one, but it sure looks like a fine choice. I think it would be an excellent lady's gun, or good back up for the big bore.

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
north american arms
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 12:54:09 PM »
Have you considered a Keltec P32? The recoil is a little less than the Guardian. More to hold on to too. Have no experince with a Guardian although I have had four of their minirevolvers.

Offline yosimite sam

north american arms
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 05:21:04 AM »
I have considered the p - 32 but i would rather let her have a sharp stick. I feel one should carry a .380 at the minimum but this .32 naa is a .380 necked down to a .32 and it has comparable ballistics. And the wife will not carry a kel-tec due to the fact that she feels it is an ugly gun.Don't ask me why I am simply quoting her.

Offline Tough Guy Levi

north american arms
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 03:47:13 PM »
I've have a NAA Guardian .32 Auto since 1999.  Once I got my hands on it, I sent it to Scott MacDougall and Associates (recently out of business due to death of Doug MacDougall-age 40) for their custom melt down/Novak sights-IWI night sight inserts etc .  Except for some early misfortunes with the original magazines (replaced graciously free by service oriented NAA) I've had absolutely no problems with this weapon.  Recoil is very managable and fits nicely in my small hands.  Original stove pipes were caused by my limp wrist and have disappeared when I leaned how to shoot this weapon.

Recently qualified with Guardian when everyone else were using Glocks, Rugers, Colts and a couple of Smith autos.  When I showed up with my Guardian, my instructor asked when I was going to obtain a real gun?  Anything less than a 9mm was "out of it" for a CCW weapon as far as he was concerned.  Won't get into calibers/stopping power etc but I'd rather have something, than nothing at all i.e don't leave home without it!!

I'm in a non-jacket business environment thus don't have the ability to carry something larger.  For out-of-the-office carry, a Kahr PM 9/40 would be very suitable for my small hands and look forward to obtaining one of the above in the near future!!

Thanks for reading my 2 cents!!!

Tough Guy Levi
SASS 61430

Offline yosimite sam

north american arms
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 06:55:47 AM »
I certianly appreciate all the input from every one but a funny thing happened at the range yesterday. I obtained a .25 acp for my wife to get acquainted with and it all went well except for accuracy issues. then she started eyeballing my fathers newly acquired springfield 1911 v-16 in .45 acp/.45 super. well she asked to shoot it and all I can say is she is sooooooo hooked. the recoil was modest and accuracy was superb. She placed all of them on the full size sillouette at 30 feet. mind you she has fired less than 100 rounds through a pistol! I was duly impressed but again thanks for the input. I have some shopping to do.