Author Topic: zeiss conquest vs nikon monarch ucc  (Read 3521 times)

Offline DIVR6347

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
zeiss conquest vs nikon monarch ucc
« on: January 23, 2005, 03:19:02 AM »
hey guys
i have a monarch ucc   in 4x12 but im considering selling it and getting a conquest in 3x10 or 4.5x14  are they that much better than the nikon?

i know they are more money im just wondering if its worth the $ to step up to the zeiss  
also does anyone know of a source with good prices on them ?
i usually buy from john at the opticzone but i dont know if he carries them    thanks for any info guys
divr6347  :D  :D

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 03:55:56 AM »
DIVR6347, Jon sells them and at a good price. Have you looked through a Zeiss scope like you are considering? It may or may not be better to YOUR eyes. I honestly believe if you line up Zeiss Conquest, Leupold VX3, Nikon Monarch, Burris Signature, Pentax Lightseeker, and Bushnell Elite 4200 scopes you may get a majority to agree which one is the brightest and clearest but not everyone will agree. Our eyes are different and you may spend $ needlessly.   :eek: I'd make sure before I bought. I don't have the stores here to compare so I post questions and read reviews about optics. I compare features and stats before I buy. Last year I bought a VX2 1xi4 from Jon. I liked the scope but something just wasn't right. I sent it to Premier Reticles three weeks ago to get a German #4 reticle installed. Now it may well be my favorite scope. It's usable with or without my glasses on and much more clear. I just couldn't seem to get it focused. Now it's perfect. My point is your eyes are the deciding factor.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 09:00:52 AM »
I have had both.  The Zeiss is clearer as well as having constant eye relief, which to me is a real plus.  

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 04:31:09 AM »
I also have both, and agree that the 4" constant eye relief of the Conquest 3x-9x-40mm is great.  However, to me at least, the optics of both scopes are excellent and kinda difficult for me to tell the difference.  Yes, I think that the Conquest edges the Monarch, but not my much, and I have better than 20/20 vision.

Another benefit of the Conquest is that the reticles are etched, which I like.  Still, I have NEVER had any problems with my Monarchs (or Pre-Monarch) scopes.

As far as prices are concerned, the optic zone sells the Conquest cheaper than any authorized dealer I know.

Note of caution, don't buy Conquests (or any other higher end scopes for that matter) from ebay.  I have heard negative things about such purchases.  A lot of people sell demo scopes and pass them as "Brand New."  Sometimes you get a good deal, but with the amount of money that is involved, it really isn't worth the money.  In fact, I'm goint to make a post about it.

Zachary

Offline shoot'n hogs

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 09:11:20 AM »
Try these guys.   http://www.outdoorhaven.com/zecorisc4zpm.html
I just bought a 4.5-14x50 w/ target knobs for 611.00.  Exellent service and super fast shipping.  The scope has full warranty.

Offline Daniel

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 10:13:57 AM »
I cast my vote for the Zeiss and The Optic Zone. Excellent scope and dealer. I'll be buying another 3-9x40 Conquest from him this afternoon.

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 05:10:04 PM »
shoot n hogs......is this the same scope........https://secure.theopticzone.com/webstore/shopping.htm

JW if it is the same, or if this one doesnt have TT.
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline Zachary

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 02:46:30 AM »
Quote from: shoot'n hogs
Try these guys.   http://www.outdoorhaven.com/zecorisc4zpm.html
I just bought a 4.5-14x50 w/ target knobs for 611.00.  Exellent service and super fast shipping.  The scope has full warranty.

Shoot'n hogs, it looks like you paid too much.  If it's the same scope, and it looks like it is, then the optic zone has if for sale for less: like $579 and I think that includes shipping!

https://secure.theopticzone.com/webstore/shopping.htm

Zachary

Offline shoot'n hogs

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 07:19:03 AM »
No, mine has the exposed target knobs.

Offline Arkie-06

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 02:25:36 AM »
I would say also that the Zeiss is a tad bit better optically  than the Monarch in daylight hunting but when the light gets really low i can't  tell them apart as both of them are real good. The Zeiss does have a much larger field of view than the Nikon something you might want to consider. :D
Early to bed, Early to rise, Makes a man Healthy, Wealthy and Wise. :-)

Offline vernonp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 03:56:12 AM »
I agree that the Conquest is slightly better than the Monarch. It is also quite a bit more expensive.----One scope that you never hear much about to my surprise is the Nikon Gold. It is a 30mm scope and heavier but to my eyes is optically better than the Conquest. The optic zone has the 1.5x6x42 listed at the same price as the 3x9x40 Conquest. That will be my next scope. If you get a chance to check this scope out do so.---vernonp