Author Topic: My new Ar-15  (Read 809 times)

Offline Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
My new Ar-15
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:44:27 PM »
Hey everyone, I wanted to show you all my first (and won't be last)AR-15    :D    
I needed a good coyote rifle cause I have just started getting into hunting them and after reading several posts on here, I decided that the Ar-15 was what i had to have.
The rifle shoots very well, me and my bud were able to keep them in about 1-1/2" group at 100 yards and we ain't pros    ;)    
It's a little haeavy as a carry gun but I think it makes it more stable when you hold it. I plan to get a biopd soon that way I don't have to always try and find a log to lay it over or a stick.
I have a few guns and go through trading and selling them a bunch but I think this one is here to stay and will probably have another before it's all over. Any of you guys out there that are thinking about getting one...you will fall in love. Anyways, I just wanted to share my new favorite rifle with you all.

American Spirit Arms complete lower - 6 postion stock.

Model "1" Sales complete uppper w/bolt (A3 varminter 20" SS heavy barrel 1-9 twist - two piece free float handgaurd).

Bushnell Banner 4-12x40AO

Plan to mount some sort of a small 100 yard spotlight soon but haven't decided on what to go with. I am gonna try and post a couple of pics so we'll see how it goes.

Harley

Offline litman252

• Trade Count: (0)
My new Ar-15
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 01:47:57 PM »
very nice, I want one

Tony

Offline sniperVLS

• Remington & Sig Sauer addict!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
My new Ar-15
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 03:28:15 PM »
nice, you got the varmint one. I opted for the cheaper one today at the gun show but Im still impressed with its accuracy.

Did you have some issues during break in? I was warned by the sellers that it will jam up a few times during the first 300 rounds, and it indeed did so.

The casings didnt get ejected correctly a few times, Id say it happened 4 times out of about 100 rounds fired.

Great gun though, the little scope that I got with it isnt bad either. Its not attached all that great but it does the job.

Ill rip her down this week and become familiar with it. Everything points to dirt and needing lubrication.