Author Topic: Anyone using a straight grip laminated stock?  (Read 534 times)

Offline Mamba_Driver

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://home.comcast.net/~ronweiser/
Anyone using a straight grip laminated stock?
« on: January 26, 2005, 03:31:43 PM »
I need to get a straight grip laminated cinnamon stock from NEF to use with my Ultra receiver and a 12ga shotgun barrel combo. Does anyone out there have one? Do you like it? Got any pictures that you want to share?

I've never seen or used one, so I was looking for any feedback and any pics that might be available.

Any other recommendations besides the NEF stock? I've looked at the gunstocks website and they don't have a straight grip stock available.

Thanks

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Anyone using a straight grip laminated stoc
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 03:44:29 PM »
I've got one on a Topper Deluxe that sadly has not been used since I got it on there. It looks a lot like the old MWTF models just with a 28" barrel. I like the way it feels and I took it goose hunting last week and didn't see a bird. I don't have a pic to post.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 03:57:26 PM »
Someone here had posted a picture of 3 Handi's all with laminated stocks, they were his and his sons and I think one was pictured with a straight camo stock, does anyone recall where that picture might be posted to help out Mamba Driver??....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Mamba_Driver

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 03:58:20 PM »
Thanks Markus.  I just can't picture what they look like.  What is the MWTF you mention?

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 05:00:13 PM »
:D Here they are:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=26964#img_5803

Scroll down the page and you will see a 12, 20 and 410 ga.

Turkeyhunter
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 05:10:54 PM »
Thanks Turkeyhunter!!!..MambaDriver, check these out, click on the link and scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way to the bottom, they look great!!!....<><.... :grin:

P.S. - in a non related but important matter...Thanks Mitchell!....<><.... :grin:  :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Mamba_Driver

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 06:14:48 PM »
Thanks turkeyhunter and MSP.  I really enjoy looking at all the pictures.  The straight stocks on the 3 shotguns look terrific!!  I'm going to order up the cinnamon laminate straight stock from NEF.

Oops,... just thought of something,...do I need a new forend as well, to fit the barrel diameter of the 12ga.?  There's no way the Ultra forend will work.  The Ultra was originally an Ultra Hunter .270.  I may have to order a new forend and fit it to the shotgun barrel???

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 01:48:35 AM »
If your Ultra forearm is a cinnamon color it should work fine, the barrel diameter should be OK....but if you have the extra $ then get the extra forearm, they will match the color as a set when they send it out. There could always be a bit of a difference, there should not be but there could be....Also,  its always nice to have a another stock "set"....<><.... :)

P.S. just a hint, when you order them ask them if they have any checkered sets available (if of course you want them), they sometimes have one or the other, or both available, ask for everything, you might get part of what you ask for!!!! :-D

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Limited edition Pardners
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 08:19:23 PM »
I think NEF makes a run of limited edition Pardners every year.  They have the straight laminate stock with a nice recoil pad and a gold "Limited Edition" medallion in the stock.  My son and I have one in .410, 20 gauge, and 12 gauge.

Moonlitin

They work for us...