Author Topic: Did You Know? England Banned Fox Hunting?  (Read 816 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Did You Know? England Banned Fox Hunting?
« on: January 28, 2005, 11:09:11 AM »
I didn't!  Sheeesh, another end to a great tradition.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=662754
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
fox hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 05:09:13 AM »
Lived there in 91-3 and the fight to ban was going strong then.  The banners and hunters would video every move the other made during a hunt.  It's truly a shame cause 98% of the game is not about the fox.  It's truly a show to see.  We had a hunt in our town that rode out of the city square every Boxing Day and people gathered to see the spectacle.  It was grand!   Now they have a person who is a well-trained distance runner play the role of fox.  Too Bad
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 08:00:46 AM »
Too bad they could not get one of the anti gun/anti hunting activist to volanteer to play the part of the fox.   :wink:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 08:30:56 AM »
Yes sadly the supidity of the English people never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps one day they will wake up and take back their freedom from the government. Seems to me they last did it in 1060 or there about. Yeah probably in another few hundred years they will wake up and realize it's time to do it again.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 09:26:48 AM »
I can only shake my head in disgust. It seems that England is turning more and more into a communist country and the commies are doing it without firing a shot. When are these people going to wake up. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 10:16:18 AM »
Wow, that's a bold move. Good, now they can send them foxes over here for us who can at least do sumtin with em  :-D .  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 12:07:07 PM »
The banners have been active for a long time ...Liberal to the core, naturally...

Always worried about the "little guy"...

Now that the "sport" for all practical purposes, is ruined....I suppose many will just quit the game...

How many houndsmen, terriermen, grooms and farriers will be put out of work ?

How many hounds and teriers will end up snuffed  ....and horses sent to French " Abbatoirs " to please some of those French palates...

Great piece of work; you stupid Liberals!!!!

Shucks! There I go again ...saying " stupid Liberal " ( redundant statement)...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 02:06:12 PM »
Ironglow, man, you are a piece of work.  :)  :-D  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 03:35:25 PM »
Quote from: Brett
Too bad they could not get one of the anti gun/anti hunting activist to volanteer to play the part of the fox.  
Now there's a good idea, respond Dali Llama! :lol:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 05:09:47 PM »
It said they now use a human being so we could send them Michael Moore but they would have to give him a 3 day head start since it don't look like he is in the greatest shape in the world. :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 10:09:34 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Yes sadly the supidity of the English people never ceases to amaze me. .

Hi GB

Please don't tar all us Brits with the same brush.  It is the stupid administration we have to put up with, and yeah, I know we put them there but I for one didn't vote for this shower of ***.

Neil
Keep Smiling.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 09:03:08 AM »
Not referring to any one of you in particular Neil. But you gotta admit that as a nation you guys have lost it. Geez the country is letting some seriously stupid things happen and no one seems up in arams about it.

If a burglar breaks in and has a gun the home owner will be in more trouble than the crook if he resists? Man you guys gotta wake up and do something soon.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BamBams

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 09:06:57 AM »
GB:  If you can get your hands on the latest copy of NRAs "First Freedom" magazine, there is a fantastic article about a HUGE movement that is gaining momentum in England to restore gun rights.  

Neil...I suspect GB was just "generalizing" about the shape of the country and not necessarily referring to each, individual bloke.

By the way, can you share anything with me about what you know regarding this movement to reinstate home defense with a firearm in England?  I'd love to hear more about it.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 10:54:35 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
GB:  If you can get your hands on the latest copy of NRAs "First Freedom" magazine, there is a fantastic article about a HUGE movement that is gaining momentum in England to restore gun rights.  

Neil...I suspect GB was just "generalizing" about the shape of the country and not necessarily referring to each, individual bloke.

By the way, can you share anything with me about what you know regarding this movement to reinstate home defense with a firearm in England?  I'd love to hear more about it.

Hi BamBams

The general opinion voiced only today by a new Chief Constable is that 'necessary force' is o.k.  

Therefore if you are in fear of your life then deadly force will be condoned.

What will not be condoned is like the action of one Guy over here who captured a burgler, tied him up then poured gasoline over him and set him on fire...........

There are several instances which have not made the press or media where people in the U.K. have used firearms with deadly force to defend their homes and families where no police action has been taken.

In a recent poll, 95% of people in the U.K want the use of deadly force to defend themselves.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee over here...............

Neil
Keep Smiling.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 11:03:05 AM »
What will not be condoned is like the action of one Guy over here who captured a burgler, tied him up then poured gasoline over him and set him on fire...........

Now THIS is a genuine blow to freedom in England.  As a matter of fact, we aren't permitted to do this here either.  I suspect it's because we started out here with "common law" or something?

Anyway, when I retire, if it isn't already legalized by then, I plan to lobby for the right to torture burglers.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2005, 11:28:18 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
Anyway, when I retire, if it isn't already legalized by then, I plan to lobby for the right to torture burglers.

:D   With you there Buddy.... if they survive the first line of defense...... :)  :)
Keep Smiling.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 03:01:01 PM »
Hi Neil;

Haven't heard from you in a while...welcome..

I don't think we should " broad brush" all the Brits....Yikes !...I live in NY State...I sure would hate to be lumped in with Clinton and Schumer..

In fact NY State has many more red counties than blue ones....but we do have a lot of "nut cases" and they generally hang around in big bunches (blue counties).

C'mon guys, we should all know that there surely are millions in the UK that are like our friend Neil....asea in an ocean of Liberals...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BamBams

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 03:03:43 PM »
I know GB well enough at this point to know that he never meant anything toward Neil, or the other guys like him.  It wouldn't be in him to be like that.

People say that Americans are stupid and FAT.  It's the truth!  But there are plenty of us that do not fit into either of those categories.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2005, 03:09:53 PM »

I tend to think that a bit excessive myself. I mean even if you do have to tie him up to pour the gas on him at least untie him before you set him on fire. Geez, let him run, that way he'll get more air and burn faster.  :-D

My comments are not intended to apply to anyone individual but to the way the British are acting as a whole. Like it or not dang it they are giving up every thing that makes us human. I sure hope Neil is right and they are now moving in the opposite direction. If your government tries to take away your right of self defense and you don't take action then there really is no hope for you. In places here in the US they seem to be trying to follow the British lead. That makes it personal for us.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2005, 08:33:49 PM »
BamBams & GB

You might be interested in what is in this mornings newspaper in the U.K..........

Licensed to kill a burglar
By GEORGE PASCOE-WATSON
Deputy Political Editor

HOMEOWNERS were given the green light to attack and kill burglars in self-defence yesterday.

Householders are allowed to use any weapon - including a knife or a gun - to protect themselves.

And they can even lash out first if they feel their life is in danger.

Last night Director of Public Prosecutions Ken Macdonald confirmed the law IS on the side of homeowners. Only those who carry out revenge attacks on burglars or set traps for them will face charges.

He said: "As long as someone hasn't stepped over that line into retribution or revenge, it is difficult to perceive of a level of violence that would not be regarded as reasonable by a prosecutor.

"This is something the intruder brings on himself. I don't think we need to be too squeamish about the situation."

But a row erupted after Britain's top cop called for the law to be made watertight in favour of residents.

On his first day as Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Ian Blair, below, said people should be free to use any force short of "grossly disproportionate". He went on to say: "I want the intruders to feel afraid."

The law will protect a homeowner who launches an attack on someone he suspects of trying to break in even if he turns out to be mistaken.

Advice leaflets will be published. Rugby-tackling intruders or hitting them with any weapon to hand is OK.

But anyone who felled and knocked out an intruder would be charged if they then carried out further assaults.

Setting a trap is outlawed, as are killing or injuring a housebreaker to punish them.

PM Tony Blair had originally planned to tear up current laws because they were too confused.

But he and the new Home Secretary Charles Clarke backed down a fortnight ago and are now insisting that the current law is enough.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Keep Smiling.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 01:01:15 AM »
YES!  Now it's time to start fighting those "Safe storage" laws!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 02:20:49 AM »
Neil, glad to see you are getting some of your rights back.  Hopefully this will put the brakes to the escalating home invasions that we have been reading about.  Please continue to keep us posted regarding gun and/or self defence issues taking place on your side of 'The Big Pond'.  :D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC