Author Topic: new concealed carry restrictions for Washington state?  (Read 547 times)

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
new concealed carry restrictions for Washington state?
« on: January 28, 2005, 06:03:44 PM »
If you live in Washington, you'd better read these bills proposed in the state legislature.  Be sure to write to your state reps, and let them know, in polite terms, what you think.

http://www.olyarms.com/?page=legislative_alert
NRA life member

Offline totallycustom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I wrote mine
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:05:40 PM »
I wrote my senator tim sheldon from the 35th district and told him what i think. I hope he listens as do the rest of the senators.  TC
-TC-

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
new concealed carry restrictions for Washin
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 04:29:39 PM »
I wrote to Sen. Mark Doumit of the 19th on the day that I first posted this, and I requested a response.  He hasn't found the time yet, apparently.  Others have reported hearing good things from their state senators.
NRA life member

Offline totallycustom

• Avid Poster
good
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »
That is good to hear about other senators, I also requested a response.  I would hope he does, a good friends parents are very close to him and  I have met him many times.  I think he understands our state better than other senators ( such as the ones from Seattle King County).  Hope this bill goes down in flames, it is quite alarming to me. If it passes I might move been thinking about it ever since they banned our trapping. --TC--
-TC-

Offline Wolfe

new concealed carry restrictions for Washin
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 06:41:16 PM »
From the responses I've recieved it doesn't sound like it will even get a vote. A quote from a member of the house I recieved in response to an email.

Thanks for your message.  There are several gun bills originating in the Senate.  We'll wait to see how many make it to the House so we'll know how many to vote against.
Sincerely,
Representative Bill "Ike" Eickmeyer
35th Legislative District

I've recieved two responses and both were favorable towards gun owners. Both are Dems. Both from the House. I think we're gonna be OK this time around. Altho my senator hasn't replied.

Offline totallycustom

• Avid Poster
Sounds great
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 04:09:57 PM »
Really hoping this thing goes ok, I think Eickmeyer does a fair job hes my rep also.  TC
-TC-