Author Topic: Marlin Model 200  (Read 601 times)

Offline Doubletap

• Trade Count: (0)
Marlin Model 200
« on: January 29, 2005, 12:29:43 PM »
Was wandering about the local K-Mart today while the rest of the family unit was shopping.  Looked in the gun display case and saw what at first I took to be a NEF Pardner, but a closer look showed the tag to say "Marlin M200".  Case coloured receiver, everything looked like a Pardner, and of course Marlin does own H&R/NEF, but anyone else ever seen one of these?  New price was $89, and it was as good a looker as I've seen in the NEF shotguns.  Will they rebarrel this like an NEF ya s'pose?  Like I need another gun or rifle, but it's neat, just a bit different.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Marlin Model 200
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 01:47:30 PM »
Questions about these Marlins seem to surface every couple months or so.I've never heard about one at one of the Big Mart type stores though. They are the same as a Pardner. You'd have to ask C.S. about the extra barrels. If it was made recently should be OK.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Marlin Model 200
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
Doubletap,

K-Mart is the only place I have seen these Marlin singles for sale NEW. I think they were made around 5 or 6 years ago, so it must be a leftover. I have seen a couple of used ones in other Sporting Goods stores. I think they might have been a K-Mart exclusive or a special buyers group special.

I have also heard that you cannot use the barrel program, but a call to customer service would answer that for sure.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member