Author Topic: Time For Me to Fly!  (Read 797 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Time For Me to Fly!
« on: January 29, 2005, 07:22:02 PM »
Well folks,

I've come to the conclusion that whoever moderates this forum should be paid $50.00 an hour in wages, and another 10 million in punitive damages which leads me to.......

Anyone wanna be a moderator?  If you do, now would be a GREAT time to let GB know. I'm hanging up the hat.  I've got kids, music, a great girlfriend, and 2 feet of snow (tonight) to play in, so hanging out on the computer and putting up with nonsense just isn't cuttin' it for me anymore.

I wish you all the VERY best in life and love.

Farewell
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 07:42:14 PM »
Take care I do understand.  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline JPSaxMan

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 07:47:53 PM »
Does this mean you're GONE gone? Or just no longer moderator? I mean, ya can still pay us a visit once in a while. I sure liked your influence for us musicians. You'll be missed if that's the case.  :cry:
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline williamlayton

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 12:13:44 AM »
Bams-
we will miss ya and well, ya done good.
Come back fer a cup of tha black from time to time, we will keep a mug handy.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 04:28:23 AM »
Just because you are turning in your deputy's badge doesn't mean you need to ride on out of town BamBams.  Hope you intend to stick around.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BamBams

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 05:14:27 AM »
No guys.  Think of me as taking an "extended" vacation. I'll be returning in the future to post from time to time.  I just cannot put in the hours required to deal with the crap that certain people dish out around here.  I've got a decent life going, and it's hard to justify the hours spent on dealing with nonsensical data.

Someone I go to for advice quite often, once told me a story about living a productive life.  He drew a circle on a piece of paper and drew a dot in the middle.  The dot was me.  Then he said to write down all the places I go, and all the things that I do around the outside border of that circle.  Then he had me draw a line from myself to one of those places on the circle.  Then draw a line straight back to me.  I did that.

He asked me the question:  What did you leave there, and what did you bring back from there?  I replied, "Nothing."  He said, okay then, erase that place from the border of the circle.  And the same thing with the next place.  He said, If you leave something there, or take something back, then the place stays. If you bring something back, then write it near the dot. Sooo...around the circle I went, and I either wound up erasing places, or leaving them there - depending on whether they had value to myself, or value to others.  I live that way today.  

I can no longer be of value as a moderator.  However, as an ordinary member, I can be of value.  I can continue to post, yet, I am no longer bound to walk the middle of the road, or to hold my tongue if I have a strong opinion about something.  I can continue to indentify trouble and help to keep the peace -- without having to do anything more than bug the NEW moderator or GB about it.  And the best part is, I can do all this whenever, and however I feel like it - instead of spending hours reading one-liner posts written in the third person when I really don't feel like it, or if I've got something better to do with my time. Membership has it's privileges as they say.

So yes, I am saying "Goodbye," but as the song goes:  "Goodbye doesn't mean forever."
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 07:54:44 AM »
God's Speed BamBams, hope to hear from you soon.   :D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 08:22:07 AM »
BamBams-I know where your coming from, it"s like walking a tightrope. Thanks and we will look forward to your continuation as a member.  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline BamBams

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 10:55:09 AM »
Well, I've tried to spend the day hanging out with you guys a bit and chatting with GB, but all good things must come to an end.  I'll be back soon enough.  Ya'll take care now!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 11:15:13 AM »
You too BamBams.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline NYH1

Re: Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 12:05:55 PM »
Quote from: BamBams
Well folks,

I've come to the conclusion that whoever moderates this forum should be paid $50.00 an hour in wages, and another 10 million in punitive damages which leads me to.......

Anyone wanna be a moderator?  If you do, now would be a GREAT time to let GB know. I'm hanging up the hat.  I've got kids, music, a great girlfriend, and 2 feet of snow (tonight) to play in, so hanging out on the computer and putting up with nonsense just isn't cuttin' it for me anymore.

I wish you all the VERY best in life and love.

Farewell

That sucks, you did a great job as did Jim. I understand were your coming from though ! :D
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
So long.....
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 12:20:21 PM »
Good bye and good luck, BamBams. You did your best. Perhaps somewhere down the road you will run into Ed Chabot, share a drink, and he can tell you how good it feels when the headache goes away.  :toast:

Offline Dali Llama

Re: So long.....
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 03:38:31 PM »
Quote from: -Shaggy-
Perhaps somewhere down the road you will run into Ed Chabot, share a drink, and he can tell you how good it feels when the headache goes away.  :toast:
Dali Llama say sometime he do wonder where Ed Chabot be these days...
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline powderman

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 04:32:04 PM »
BAMBAMS. You did a great job as moderator, you will be missed. I appologize if I caused you any grief. POWDERMAN.  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BamBams

Time For Me to Fly!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 06:44:49 PM »
Powderman, you never caused me any grief. In fact nobody really has except me - by taking things too seriously I imagine.  Anyway, I hope you think I've made the right choice:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=53986
NRA Handgun Instructor