Author Topic: Washington Elk  (Read 1110 times)

Offline bikered

• Trade Count: (0)
Washington Elk
« on: February 01, 2005, 04:43:40 PM »
Getns,
I'm relatively new to the area and would like to know where one might find some elk for 2005 in SW Washington?  Does WA have guide services like they do in Montana, etc?  Thanks, Ed

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: Washington Elk
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:10:23 PM »
Quote from: bikered
Getns,
I'm relatively new to the area and would like to know where one might find some elk for 2005 in SW Washington?  Does WA have guide services like they do in Montana, etc?  Thanks, Ed

Send me a PM with your e-mail address & Ill try to fill you in. I've been hunting, chasing, & occassionally shooting elk here in WA state since 1987.

Offline Power

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.powerandfury.com/hunt.html
Washington Elk
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 05:29:31 PM »
Greetings from the dry side! Can't help you much on that side though. If you want to hunt the Colockum let me know.
-Power

Offline snowdog

Washington Elk
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 05:09:24 AM »
It won't be  prime for about 2 years,  but  they're  clear cutting  a huge
area near the clear water area  and heading  West.  should realy help out the declining Elk Population  a lot !  won't be like  back in "77"  but
better  than  the present,  the Elk count presently is about half of what it
use to be 20 or so years ago around here.   ( on the  Olympic Peninsula)
30-30....45/70...... does anything else matter?

Offline Robert

Washington Elk
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 05:32:02 AM »
I am just across the river in Oregon, but my buddy lives in White Salmon and hunts Mt Adams.  Elk are more plentiful over there than here in the Hood River area.  The entire area between St Helens and Mt Adams are thich with them.  I have hear frequent stories of herds numbering in the hundereds.  It looks like the weather is finally trying to clear up....get up in the hills and do some hiking.  It is a good excuse to get out and see the countryside and get some excercise.....and just keep an eye out for 'doo-doo.
....make it count

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Washington Elk
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 02:30:24 PM »
Quote from: snowdog
It won't be  prime for about 2 years,  but  they're  clear cutting  a huge
area near the clear water area  and heading  West.  should realy help out the declining Elk Population  a lot !  won't be like  back in "77"  but
better  than  the present,  the Elk count presently is about half of what it
use to be 20 or so years ago around here.   ( on the  Olympic Peninsula)

All you have to do is read the Harvest Reports; they reinforce your observations. The "NOBLE INDIAN" :evil:  (Political correctness be damned :bye: ) is a lot of the problem! :noway:

Offline salmonclubber

washington elk
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 04:27:14 AM »
hello david
All you have to do is read the Harvest Reports; they reinforce your observations. The "NOBLE INDIAN" Evil or Very Mad (Political correctness be damned See Ya Bye ) is a lot of the problem! Disagree

it is wrong of you to blame one group of people for hurting the elk population in the clearwater unit the state of washington should be blamed for mismanaging the elk herd they waited till the elk were wiped out before starting to manage the herd the clearwater has only one game warden to patrol the whole northern peninsula and he does a good job but he cant stop all the poaching that goes on sure the noble people take what is allowed them by treaty but the not so noble people meaning poachers take more

nobley yours
salmonclubber