Author Topic: 35 caliber jackets/long ones for rifle...  (Read 672 times)

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
35 caliber jackets/long ones for rifle...
« on: February 02, 2005, 07:24:32 AM »
Ok....Butch did not 'pan-out'.  I have been waiting since before Thanksgiving.  I E-mailed him a few times and asked if there was any progress getting my jackets made up.....he seems like a nice enough guy...but NO JACKETS.  Where else can I get long jackets for large 35 caliber rifle bullets?  I got the biggest ones that Corbin had available, they work up to about 220 gr bullets, but I want bigger.  I sure would appreciate some help...I got my new core mold ready to go...will cast up to about 290 grs.  I would like to swage some bullets btween 250-280 grs to try.  P.S.  I got a Lyman double cavity adjustable 358 mold for 15 dollars at last weeks Portland gun show.  What a great find!  It is casting .312 cores...Absolutely perfect.
....make it count

Offline Rick Teal

• A Real Regular
35 caliber jackets/long ones for rifle...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 02:48:50 PM »
Butch fell way behind when he was upgrading his equipment.  I have a two part order on its way, part of which I placed last spring.

I can make 300 grain .35 calibre bullets with his 1.28 inch jackets.

Too bad you've given up on him.

I don't know of anyone else making jackets of this size.  Maybe you could check the Corbin listing of bullet makers.  Some of them sell jackets as well.
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!

Offline Robert

Ok
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »
I guess I will have to try again.
....make it count