Author Topic: Would this be a good deal on a Ultra Slug shotgun?  (Read 497 times)

Offline BoneDigger

• Trade Count: (0)
Would this be a good deal on a Ultra Slug shotgun?
« on: February 04, 2005, 04:46:21 AM »
Check this link out at TexasBowhunter.com:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/discus/messages/164740/220850.html?1107526067

This guy has a 12 gauge ultra slug for sale with a scope, slugs, and hardshell case for sale for $225.  I have talked him down to $175 for the package but wanted to get some ideas.  I know that a new gun runs around $190 or so, so I'm not sure if a used one is worth $175.

I appreciate any input.

Todd

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Would this be a good deal on a Ultra Slug s
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 04:52:20 AM »
Bonedigger, I'm not sure what that Mueller scope goes for but GB speaks highly of them. I would think if that's the price shipped and it does not cost you to much for the FFL transfer, AND your looking for one it looks like a reasonable price... The scope seems to make the deal....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline BoneDigger

pickup
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 05:06:05 AM »
Actually, it is local, so it would just be a 30 minute trip to pick it up, so transfer and shipping isn't an issue.

Todd

Offline jeff223

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:02:22 AM »
that sounds like a great deal to me if they are in good shape :wink:

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 07:15:49 AM »
I'd jump on it...That setup all together would be over $300 new...and that is not including the hardshell case or the extra slugs he would give you...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 10:14:12 AM »
That sounds like a terrible deal !!! What a rip off!!! You should give me that guys name and number so I can call and give him a piece of my mind! and $175.00 that my wife would kill me over. If the gun is in decent shape that a killer deal.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jeff223

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 01:21:34 PM »
well? did you get it?

Offline BoneDigger

Yes...
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 03:38:33 PM »
Yes, I think I am going to purchase it. I have been looking for a slug gun anyway and I think this would be a good deal. Based on what you guys have said, I think the combo would be well worth the $175.

I had wanted to get a 20 gauge, but the 12 gauge should be fine too. I don't like the recoil of the 12 but for the money it's worth it!

Todd

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 04:15:37 PM »
With that big old heavy barrel I don't think recoil should be much of a problem. 2 3/4" slugs shoulddn't be that bad and that's all you need.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun