Author Topic: What's Everyone Doing...................  (Read 822 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
What's Everyone Doing...................
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:12:59 PM »
What is everyone doing to stay busy/sharp during these off season times?  I call varmints and do a lot of pest control with air rifles on top of tracking different animals in the woods with the grandkids.  Teaching them about different animals and their tracks.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 03:29:01 AM »
I've been out shootin coyotes. Got a cousin out shootin another kind of varmint. They always say somethin about Alla before they expire. Last time I talked to him, he was lookin forward to comin back for coyotes, they seemed more civilized.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 12:29:33 PM »
I've been bored . . . bored. . . bored.  If the snow stays down and the temps above 20 I will try to get out to do some shooting and maybe a little coyote hunting.  Really I am waiting for walleye season.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline aulrich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 04:22:36 AM »
Too much D%$m work. But I have managed a little coyote hunting, reloading for this years PD's, and some fly tying.  That and complaining that there is no 204 ruger ammo north of the 48th.
The second mouse gets the cheese

Offline while99

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 10:08:52 AM »
I bought a Model 70 Super Express in .338 Winchester Magnum and have been shooting it with the open sights, trying to learn how to use them again after so many years of using scopes.  So far the results have been encouraging.  I'm going to try shooting at 200 yards today with the open sights and Hornady's heavy magnum 225 grain load.

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 08:19:56 AM »
:) I've been working trying to raise some money for a trip after a couple years off from work. Shot a few crows last weekend. I plan to walk the dogs around and shoot a few presearve pheasants if the snow goes down.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 02:08:31 PM »
Been doing a lot of shooting. Nice weather and access to a local ranch with my bench and target frame. Can shoot from in your face to about 2 mile's depending on where I set up. Usually only shoot to 300 yds. Also been having fit's with a new Remington in 243. UGH!!!!!!!

Did my first walleye fishing trip abd actually caught some, great eating. Got my own boat ready to go. Spending about one day a week in Bend, 90 mi, with grandchildren, they love to go feed the ducks at the park.

Probally ought to go look for a job one of these day's. Spent 30 yrs as an OTR driver and have had enough. Don't need that much money any more and certainly don't need the hassle we get from the law!
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline Spyro Andes

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 11:18:48 AM »
What is this thing that you call "the offseason"?

Around here, me and the boys are hunting year around.

Offline skb2706

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 09:23:14 AM »
Went yote hunting a couple weekends....got a beautiful big one end of Feb. Been loading up a ton of ammo for our annual "Spring Break" prairie dog thinning fun. Put together new .204 Contender Carbine for my son and sighted that bad boy in. Only real down time is loading ammo.............