Author Topic: Arkansas: Sex Offender Get's Sued For Ruining Home Sales  (Read 1141 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Arkansas: Sex Offender Get's Sued For Ruining Home Sales
« on: February 05, 2005, 04:17:50 PM »
Developer Claims Sex Offender Ruined Sales
Saturday, February 05, 2005

SPRINGDALE, Ark. — A developer who claims sales in a subdivision stopped after a sex offender and his wife bought a home has sued the couple and the real estate company that arranged the purchase.

NGI Rental (search) filed the $2 million lawsuit Friday against Randall Dee Collins (search) and his wife, as well as the real estate company that arranged their new home purchase.

Randall Collins, 39, was convicted of molesting young girls and is listed on the Arkansas Crime Information Center (search) Web site. According to the lawsuit, his wife hired a real estate company to sell her old home, saying she had married a sex offender and that her home was too close to a school.

A day after the couple bought a home in a new subdivision, the police department distributed fliers detailing Collins' case.

The lawsuit claims residents indicated they would move if Collins did not leave the neighborhood — and that sales came to a standstill because the developer was required to tell potential buyers about Collins.

The lawsuit also alleged Collins called the developer and offered to move for $250,000, "or he would stay there and kill their subdivision."

A message left on a phone listed to a Randall Collins was not immediately returned Saturday.

Springdale is about 180 miles northwest of Little Rock.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Leftoverdj

Arkansas: Sex Offender Get's Sued For Ruini
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:02:04 PM »
Looks to me like the police department ruined the sales.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 03:39:42 AM »
Leftoverdj,
So it's the cops fault this guy is a POS! Cops only follow orders, and the laws they are hired to enforce. Blaming the cops is like saying Ford is at foult for drunk drivers. Child molesters should be hung, in public, on the day they are convicted. I hope the developer wins big. and don't give me any of that "did his time", "paid his debt", crap. He's still alive and that's wrong!
Dave375HH

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 05:15:26 AM »
Quote from: dave375hh
Child molesters should be hung, in public, on the day they are convicted.... and don't give me any of that "did his time", "paid his debt", crap. He's still alive and that's wrong!
Amen, say Dali Llama! :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 06:59:37 AM »
Without knowing what this fellow's particular crime was, it is rather dificult to say what might be appropriate.  There is apparently one woman who feels that whatever it was, it wasn't so bad.

All I know is that whatever he did, he went to jail, did his time, and got out.

If this is a case of some 16-year old dork who got caught diddling his 15-year old sweetie, maybe he doesn't deserve what he got.

If he's some freak who was, i.e., molesting or abusing 3-year olds, then by all means, kill him, and quickly.

The state is not always right, and there's not enough information in this particular news post to make a sound judgement one way or another.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 07:59:45 AM »
"Randall Collins, 39, was convicted of molesting young girls"

Dali Llama say this be sufficient indicator of need for severe punishment. :twisted:  :evil:  :x

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 08:18:44 AM »
Quote from: FWiedner
If he's some freak who was, i.e., molesting or abusing 3-year olds, then by all means...

:?
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Shorty

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 10:37:25 AM »
Why do residents expect a developer or the police to protect their children?  Don't they know where their kids are?  Don't they own a gun?

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »
Quote from: Shorty
Why do residents expect a developer or the police to protect their children?  Don't they know where their kids are?  Don't they own a gun?
Dali Llama say he doubt the latter, unfortunately. :(  :(

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 03:54:28 PM »
I realize I view many things in life differently than others do. That being said I think once the debt to society has been paid you need to leave a person alone.

Now what is the proper debt in his case? I have no clue. Not my place to decide. Iffen society wishes to take the lives of folks who abuse children sexually you'll get no argument from me. Could care less if that's what happens to them.

BUT dang it if it's decided that a jail sentence is the proper punishment when the jail time is served they need to then be treated no differently than any other ex con who gets out. If and ONLY IF they break the law again next time fry them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 04:49:32 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
I realize I view many things in life differently than others do. That being said I think once the debt to society has been paid you need to leave a person alone.

Dali Llama say that, conversely, he think some crimes be so heinous and despicable that so-called "debt to society" can never be fully repaid, thus perpetrator who not be executed should suffer retribution in other ways for remainder of his/her days on earth.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 06:31:01 PM »
Could be Dali, could be. But in those cases I see no reason to release such a person. Keep them locked up. If as is the logic in these cases they think the person might do it again then not letting them out is the correct preventive measure, not turning them lose and tormenting them. Just my opinion of course. Don't make me right or wrong. Just the way I feel on it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 08:56:44 PM »
We are arguing here about a situation that we have little knowledge of the facts or circumstances. The alligations of all parties are that, just allegations at this point in time. This thing will have its day and then we can discuss it with some degree of intelligence. Right now we are just honking like geese.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 09:01:07 PM »
Bams-
I have faith in the Lord and this situation. I am giving him praise and glory for lifting you up and revealing himself to you in such a mighty way. Hang in there and trust him, He will show the way.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 01:31:34 AM »
Quote from: williamlayton
We are arguing here about a situation that we have little knowledge of the facts or circumstances.
Dali Llama say he not feel like anyone be arguing, just merely expressing different opinions. :grin:

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 11:28:16 AM »
Dali, keep this in mind as well.

If he gets a life jail sentence, he can rot in jail for the rest of his life, not take the easy way out with an injection and off ya go. He can spend the rest of his years contemplating what he did and be miserable till the day he dies, which is what he deserves if that is really what he did.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 03:53:29 PM »
I've read that it costs upwards of $40,000 a year to keep these scum alive. Cable tv, no rent, water bill, electric bill, garbage bill, free medical care, free clothes and shoes, etc. If they have done something bad enough to keep them in prison for life, I see no reason for my tax dollars to support these scum by keeping them alive. For what purpose should we as a society keep these people alive for the rest of their natural lives? What purpose is served? Too many times when there is plea bargaining, it's the BG that gets the bargain, not society. POWDERMAN.   :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 04:08:49 PM »
Eh, good point powderman. But what is the better solution? An easy way out or rotting for life? What would you rather do if you were in that situation?  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline BamBams

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005, 06:48:30 PM »
You reap what you sow in this life.  I'd say the pervert is reaping.
NRA Handgun Instructor