Author Topic: Swapping stocks-fore ends-barrels  (Read 378 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Swapping stocks-fore ends-barrels
« on: February 07, 2005, 11:57:03 PM »
I know that NEF will only sell you a barrel if you send the frame and stock in and have them fitted.   I have also read some posts from guys who have switched barrels and stocks back and forth among their own guns.  Is it ok to do this?  Do the stocks usually line up OK?  What do I look for if swapping barrels around?  Is this OK or is this a situation I should avoid?  I mean, I even saw a picture of one where a guy had put a Tamer butt stock on a shortened 12ga for Home Defense.  All thoughts and comments are welcome.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 12:57:33 AM »
All of the stocks interchangeable. The foreamrs are interchange able but you might have to do some sanding if you are taking a forearm off a .22 and putting it on a 10ga. You can order the stocks from H&R/NEF by calling customer service and requesting a parts and accessories catalog. You can also get stocks from www.riflestock.com , www.gunstocksinc.com and www.centerfiresystems.com . Some of the older H&Rs had diferent fore arms that clipped on and some had a different spacing to the forearm retention lug. This wouldn't be an issue on newer guns. Welcome to the forum. What H&R/NEF do you have now?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 02:28:25 AM »
:D, Welcome aboard cookieman, I responded to the post you made on another forum with much of the same good info above. I also suggested you come here to this forum for more info!!! This is the place to be for H&R/NEF talk and info. Nice to have you here....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
THANKS GUYS
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 11:23:23 AM »
Markus,  I just purchased a Combo from Gander.  12ga Pardner, came with Tracker II 24in rifled sluggy with sights and 24in Mod. shotty.  Yes, its odd.  NEF says it was a special combo requested by a distributor.  
Thanks for the WELCOME.  I was happy to find one forum, but two, that's bonus.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"