Author Topic: Handy Handi rifle shell holders  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Bob_VT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Handy Handi rifle shell holders
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »
I used an elastic one on the butt stock ..... lost more rounds while stalking.  Changed over to keeping them in my pocket but, I do keep a second shot available in my hand as seen in Quigly :)
My other passion is Boating!! http://forums.iboats.com/index.php?referrerid=1642 Find me there with the same ID.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
I have one of the neoprene shell holders, used it on the 35 Rem once, but didn't really like it that much, so since then, I've just carried one in the chamber just as I would if I were hunting with a muzzleloader, and the rest in the same pocket on the belt of my fanny pack that I carry speed loaders, that's worked for more years than a lot of the younger fellas here have been hunting, so I see no need to change.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline canoe13

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »
Hey Guys, I use the stretchy nylon holder but in a different way. I ran a velcro strap through the ammo loop on each end so I can wear it on my left arm. This way I have four rounds right at my fingertips and next to the breech . If I needed to reload quickly I do not even have to  take my eyes off the deer. I am a right handed shooter so when I pop the gun open I am holding it in my left hand and the buttstock drops down , the shells are right there on my arm just a couple inchs from the chamber  Also, I have less chance of losing a shell when  pushing through the heavy stuff as has happened with the buttstock holder. My ammo is always in my view.

Offline Fat NDN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »
I use one on my H&R 204, but I added a Cheek riser pad from a Bearcreek cheek riser pad to it to get my eye up even with the scope.

the extra pad raises it up 1/2".

One Shot - One Kill

Offline MS10point

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »
I use the two cartridge holder on the forearm of my Encore. I really like it. As far as I can tell it does not affect accuracy. It sits between the two forarm screws and I can't see how it could change POI. It does seem to fit the Encore perfectly. It would work on a handi but might fit a little funny.
TP
10Pt
When life gives you lemons.....go to deer camp!

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 04:35:15 AM »
I use the Franks Wrist Reloader available from Fox Ridge Outfitters the TC affliated store. They are $21 now. I paid $10 each for the three that I have.

I do like the two cartridge idea on the buttstock though.