Author Topic: Dumb Teenagers Today....sheeeesh  (Read 500 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Dumb Teenagers Today....sheeeesh
« on: February 11, 2005, 01:31:53 PM »
Okay, an hour ago, I'm in the shower.  My doorbell rings.  Well, not expecting any company, so I take my time getting to the door.  I'm about 5 good steps from the door when it opens up.

Standing inside my doorway is some teenager with long hair.  Boy was he surprised to see me for that split second before I knocked his butt right back out of the house.

Well, he's laying in snow and saying, "I'm Sorry" over and over.  In fact, that's about all he would say.  I had to tell him to shut up and make him listen to me.  Then I gave him the long lecture about how he just did the dumbest thing he could ever do if he plans to live a long life.

Well, I helped him up, and sent him on his way with a good cussing out.  I called the cops just for good practice, and they went off looking for him.

About 10 minutes ago, there's a knock on my door, and it's another kid now.  This one has some manners.  He says, "I think you just punched my friend in the nose."  So now I'm wondering where he's going with this? Does he want some too?

Well this kid apologizes for what his friend did and I went into my lecture thing again.  Anyway, I told him to tell his friend, "No hard feelings."

Stupid is as stupid does I guess?

I know this may sound self evident to a lot of you guys, but PLEASE remind your young ones to NEVER open up someone's front door unless they are POSITIVE they are at the right place.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Dumb Teenagers Today....sheeeesh
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:15:31 PM »
About 5 years ago I awoke to a sound about 2:00a.m.  I got up, slipped out the back door and approached my garage about 100' away.  It has double 10x14 sliding doors and 1 was slid to the side about 18".  I could see a small figure through the gap.  I stood with my back to the door beside the opening until this 16 year old young man stepped out with a gas can in hand.  He met up with the back of my fist which laid him on his back inside the garage.  Called the local cops to haul him off.  He kind of came too about the time they showed up.  Next morning a pickup pulled into the drive with the kids dad driving and the kid in tow.  Didn't know what to expect at first but when I saw the kid I knew I didn't do all the damage the kid was sporting.  It seems dad had brought him over to apologize and see to it the kid offered his services for any help I might need.

Reguardless of what we all may think, there are still some parents who are willing to step up and do what's right when their kids mess up.  I know for a fact this kid has never pulled such a stunt since as I still talk to him and his dad once in a while.