Author Topic: OUESTION FOR GB or anyone  (Read 813 times)

Offline ken s

• Trade Count: (0)
OUESTION FOR GB or anyone
« on: February 11, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »
Want to know what you think of this scope. good bad or otherwise.
                  Simmons 4.5-14x40 AO ATV model ATV 4514c.
        let me know what you think of this scope may can get one.
         e-mailed GB but i dont think he's home  .lol
anyone
                      ken s :D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 06:44:20 PM »
The ATV was originally a contract scope between Simmons and Walmart, but there was some sort of disagreement twix the 2 and the OEM ended up selling them to big retailers like Natchez and Sierra instead. They sold originally for $149 or so, have fully multi-coated lenses and I'd have to rate them with the Nikon Prostaff to Buckmaster in quality. They have been selling at Natchez up until they ran out for em for $79...There have been a few on ebay, but I don't think you'll find em available very often any more. I have 2 of em and wish I'd would have bought more, they're a great scope for the money when you can get em as cheap as they've sold for recently. I've read of many that have been used on centerfire rifles and they seem to hold up well as far as reliability.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 07:17:38 PM »
e-mailed GB but i dont think he's home

Contrary to what some might think I really don't sit around all day waiting for e-mail questions to come in so I can answer them. I have many other things besides the computer to take care of in an average day. BUT I got no e-mail from you.

Anyone who has read very many of my replies around here could likely have given you my answer tho.  :eek:  If the Simmons name is attached my response is I'd not have it if free. If I had it I'd give it to you for free. Every single Simmons scope with which I've had any experience has been a piece of trash. This includes new and used top of the line and lower lines. I would not ever recommend anyone spend money on one. If you wish to do so feel free. But don't look for any support in making such a decision from me.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ken s

• Trade Count: (0)
scope
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 07:30:15 PM »
sorry i ask GB? guess ill put that in my pipe an smoke it.
                    ken s :eek: