Author Topic: pQuick detachable mount/ring designs  (Read 293 times)

Offline lilabner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
pQuick detachable mount/ring designs
« on: February 13, 2005, 05:03:14 AM »
I always thought the rotary dovetail design was p;robably the most reliable for removing scopes and then returning them without disturbing zero. However, I read somewhere that frequent scope removal causes wear to the dovetails which will eventually affect returning to zero. What is the best, most reliable system?

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 06:31:21 AM »
Dovetail rings are not meant to be removed and replaced. They are only meant to be installed and left on the base. You can get by doing it a few times but not often. Which type or brand of QD rings is best is personal. I don't use them but I think I'd get the kind without levers to tighten the rings to the base so they couldn't get snagged on brush or other things.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Ramrod

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 02:51:02 PM »
I have never had a problem with Weaver rings retuning to zero, but I didn't always have a quarter on me to remove them. Nowadays I can afford Leupold Q.D. so that is what I last bought. The levers are handier, but it isn't really any more positive than cheapo Weavers.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith