Author Topic: moonlight coyotes  (Read 408 times)

Offline camsdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
moonlight coyotes
« on: February 14, 2005, 09:04:51 AM »
i just ordered a 243 ultra hunter handi to shoot yotes I am wanting to buy a scope that will allow me to hunt in minimal light I guess I am asking to be able to hunt later and maybe even during a full moon. Im looking in the under $200 range. I am considering a mueller at the moment or maybe an aetec but am truly open to suggestions .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
moonlight coyotes
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 12:15:31 PM »
The Mueller dot scopes are really an excellent way to go for this use. As long as there is adequate light to see your target you can shoot. The little red dot is your aiming point and can be adjusted so as to not over power the target. Something not always true with lighted reticle scopes.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
moonlight coyotes
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 04:16:42 AM »
Although I have not personally used any Mueller scopes yet, I totally agree with GB about the use of illuminated reticles during such low light conditions.  

I have quite a few scopes with illuminated reticles: Leupold Vari-X III, Nikon Monarch, and Nightforce NXS.  Out of the three, I like the Nightforce the best, but it is very heavy and very expensive (over $1,000).  The Leupold and Nikon are not as expensive as the Nightforce, but they are still certainly way more than the $200 that you want to pay.  As such, given that price range, and the good reviews that I have heard, I think that you should take a good look at the Mueller scope as well.  It may well be an ideal choice for your hunting needs (and budget. :grin: )

Zachary