Author Topic: FORE-END NEF OR H/R  (Read 353 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
FORE-END NEF OR H/R
« on: February 16, 2005, 01:19:24 PM »
How do you know which fore-end you will receive when you order from H/RNEF?  I mean, they will both work, but that NEF fore-end is really ugly.  Does each style have a specific name?  Yeah, I know, REALLY DUMB QUESTION  !  Has anyone ever shaved down the front lip on the NEF fore-end?  I got more time than money!  I thought maybe I could take a belt sander to it and then finish it off by hand sanding.  What-da-ya-think??
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
FORE-END NEF OR H/R
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 01:57:15 PM »
The older models were the schnabel style that you may be referring to. The newer models are coming through with the straight style. Some, like myself, like the schnabel style, some like the straight style....although some much earlier guns came with a straight style forearm...It's confusing but hope this helps. Thet have switched styles from straight to schnabel and back to straight as far as I know....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
RE: Fore-end
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 03:14:53 PM »
YEP !  That helps!  If they have switched back and forth then I need to specify if I order one from them.  They will, I'm sure, still have both in stock.  Don't know if I want to spend the $$ on something so DUMB, but now I know what I'm talking about.  Thanks a lot.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"