Author Topic: Reciever Sight for 88  (Read 710 times)

Offline Creedmoor

• Trade Count: (0)
Reciever Sight for 88
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:55:41 PM »
I have a 1966 win Model 88 rifle that is drilled and tapped for a reciever sight.  Anybody know who made or still makes one that will fit this rifle?

Thanks.

Offline Fullchoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Reciever Sight for 88
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 05:43:27 AM »
Williams Gun Sight Co. used to make them. Possibly still do. It's a model FP-88. Fits Win 88 and 100. They may require a small bit of inletting on the stock to get proper elevation settings. This seems to vary by rifle. If you would be interested in a slighty used one, send me a PM.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Reciever Sight for 88
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 12:43:30 PM »
Williams Foolproof FP-88/100, either with screwdriver adjustments or you can get the target knobs.  OR, the Williams WGRS-100, which is the guide receiver sight.  It doesn't have the click adjustments which the Foolproof has, so you loosen the clamping screw, slide the aperture up or down (or left or right), then tighten the screws again.

I have used both on my 88, and the Foolproof is what I stayed with before my eyes required a scope.  The WGRS is more compact and less expensive, though.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone