Author Topic: Win 70 Carbine in 250 Savage  (Read 812 times)

Offline lmalterna

• Trade Count: (0)
Win 70 Carbine in 250 Savage
« on: February 17, 2005, 04:54:16 AM »
O.K. I had one of these years ago and let it get away, just how hard are these to come by? My 9 yr old just got his first "deer" caliber rifle and I wish it could have been one of these older 70 carbines...

Thanks,
      Bill

Offline while99

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 09:01:54 AM »
A production run of Model 70 compacts or featherweights in 6mm Remington, .250 Savage, .300 Savage, .257 Roberts, 7x57 Mauser, and .358 Winchester would be a wonderful thing to experience.  I'd love to deplete my bank account on a couple of these items.
How does one contact USRAC and ask them to consider the above chamberings?

Offline lmalterna

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 09:15:57 AM »
I did have an XTR Featherweight in 7X57 but never got around to shooting that one. So many guns I wish I could reclaim... funny, I never missed and old girlfriend- just my rifles.
   Bill

Offline fyrepowrx

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 01:00:35 PM »
I have seen a total of 2 in the last 5 years...and i owned both of them.

the first was a gun i had traded for about 5 years ago. nice rifle, but not especially accurate. did not seem to like any 100 grain loads, so i wondered how they had twisted the barrel. traded it off after a while, although a nice light gun i could not get it to shoot better than about 2 1/2 inches with any load. never did find any problems with bedding, etc, so finally moved it out.

last year while at the big Tulsa gun show, i found another, a guy was walking around with it, like new with box, and topped with a 4x Weaver. i gave him $450 for it, and it shot like crazy, especially with the 100 grain Winchester factory silvertip loads. averages about an inch or so at 100.
it also had better wood than the first and i wont ever part with it.

i see a few of the carbines now & then, mostly in .308, and 1 in .22-250, but have only seen 2 .250's total. I am lucky in that both the April & October gun show here average 4500+ tables, and i keep an eye out for the carbines. been thinking of trying to find one in another caliber, if i see one i will drop you a PM.
8) There is plenty of room for all of God''s Creatures...Right beside the mashed potatoes.. 8)