Author Topic: Shotforce "combat sights"  (Read 489 times)

Offline Dirty Tiger

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
Shotforce "combat sights"
« on: February 18, 2005, 01:44:23 PM »
Has anyone one had any experience with them?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Shotforce "combat sights"
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 12:34:53 AM »
This is a curiosity that I've had for a while as well. I've wondered about the stock as well.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
re:combat sights
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 02:47:24 AM »
I, too, have been on that site.  That is an expensive rig the way it is pictured.  Those pics are what prompted my questions about putting a Tamer stock on a 12ga.  A much more economical way to go!  As for the Tactical Sights,  at HD distances,  I think a Bead is all you will really need.  The way I see it, you don't need a Tac Sight to defend against an intruder in your home.  We are talking distances of less that 50ft in most cases.  If ya can't put a bead on target at that range, you may want to RE-THINK your HD strategy.  After all,  the LAST RESORT is the use of Deadly Force.  
SORRY!  I do tend to get a "little" opinionated at times.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.  Just my 2 cents worth!
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Dirty Tiger

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 08:50:10 AM »
I was thinking of putting them on my Turkey Pardner that has yet to arrive.

This will be my first shotgun and I am not sure how to use the simple bead sight.

For all I know I may really like the Pardner just as it is.

To be honest I am interested more in the "combat sights" than the AR style stock, I am curious about the sight because I like aperture sights on my 10/22.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
RE: DirtyTiger
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 09:14:47 AM »
Like I said before SORRY. I do tend to be a little opinionated at times.  I have the same concerns as you about using the Bead site.  From all the comments I have seen on this site,  I think the best course of action is PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE.  One other idea that I had was to install a Mid-bead, like on some of the more spendy shotguns.  Also, it has been suggested to work on sighting with a bead that you should fire a few slugs and see where take note of your POA(point of aim) and POI(point of impact).  Be sure you do this with Rifled Slugs and you should probably swap out the Turkey choke for a Modified or even better an Improved choke tube.   This is the method that I am going to try.  
GOOD LUCK !!
As for the  aperture sights, I know what ya mean.  My first gun was a Daisy with Leman style and had about 6 interchangable sights for the front.  Cadilic, at the time.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"