Author Topic: Taurus mod 85 38 spc. +P ported Total titanium snubby review  (Read 948 times)

Offline lazyi

• Trade Count: (0)
Taurus mod 85 38 spc. +P ported Total titanium snubby review
« on: February 21, 2005, 05:16:04 AM »
I just wanted to comment on my experience this past saturday with my very first Taurus handgun "ever" I have through the years avoided Taurus handguns like the plague since their reputation pretty much stunk. But I just had to gamble on this little pistol because for one I have been hearing from reputable sources that the fit and finish is great, they hold up and they flat shoot! My other reason is I just love stuff made out of titanium! Well, after 150 rounds at the range today I have nuthin but good news! The little **** was shootin in the black with ease at 25 yds. single action slow fire and keepin em in the kill zone at 7 yds. double action fast fire. The tigger breaks crisp and clean right at 4 1/2 lbs. in single action and right about 12-14 lbs. in double with of course a longer harder pull. . It fits my rather large hand quite well and is very controllable even when firing the 135 gr. gold dot +P's!!! THe porting really does work on this little gem! I have a buddie retired from the force that bought the non ported one and sold it after shooting it once because of the extreme punishment he endured from the recoil! But I have another two buds still on the force that love their ported models and they are a good part of the reason I decided to try one. I think this is going to make a dandy little companion for me & my ccw needs when I just don't feel like screwin with a full size peice! At just over 15 ounces empty its not to much to pack all day and titanium is just neat stuff! Strong, light and corrosion proof for the most part!  Here is the one I got: http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=85TBC&cate gory=Revolver I thought the spectrum blue finish was a bit different looking and was reluctant to go with it but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me. It looks very nice! So, I guess I either got lucky with my first Taurus or they are just gettin better! I'd like ta hear from anyone else that has or has had one of these just to compare experiences and for ***** and giggles see if I truly did get lucky in my first Taurus purchase? Just thought I'd share this witcha all! Best, R.C.

Offline Totin'a10

• Trade Count: (0)
ditto
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:11:57 AM »
Same story with my 445 ,(.44spl), matte blue finish. I have, and have had several Taurus Handguns, all revolvers. One had to be sent back and was returned properly corrected. ( not the 445).  I have had good and bad customer service with most companies that I've needed CS :roll: . Enjoy, be safe.  8)
What goes around comes around!!! 8)