Author Topic: TDC came home with me  (Read 665 times)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
TDC came home with me
« on: February 22, 2005, 06:57:17 AM »
Hey Guys:  :D

Went over to my favorite gun shop this morning to do a-little gun trading...worked a a nice deal on a Weatherby Sub-Moa in 270...by trading a couple of guns of mine...had enough left over to pick up one of these TDC's...man...what a nice set of Walnut stocks these have...I saw this one sitting up on a top rack...right next to a Browning O/U. and it looked right at home there..and I new it was going to be mine before I was all done there...:lol: ..my friend there gave me a bunch of extra tubes and a wrench with it...and will bring me a couple of the extended vented tubes for turkey hunting with it...it's really a sweet looking little single shot....and once I had it down on the counter...several there had to pick it up and shoulder it...they never knew NEF was making a nice as looking shotgun as this...and as soon as my Boys want to take up shooting...I think they are going to love it...I didn't realize these were 3-1/2" chambers till I got it home...it looks really great with the nickled receiver and all...and now I am hoping they come out with a 28 gauge or even a 16 gauge to go along with the 12 & 20...I can't wait till I can get out and bust some birds with it...as light as it is...it will be a real joy to carry all day...so-much for having extra cash to order another rifle barrel...:oops: ...which was my plan when I went in there...looks like I'll be getting in line for some shotgun barrels now...and a muzzle loader barrel for it...Sheeeeese...the addiction never ends... :-D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Juette

• Trade Count: (0)
TDC came home with me
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 07:29:02 AM »
Mac,

You are not helping matters over here.  I too have been thinking about ordering a Topper Deluxe Classic.  I'm wanting the 12 to have as a backup turkey gun.  LOL... I already have a couple of backups, though.  Do as I do and tell the women in your life that guns are like shoes... you can never have too many or enough for every occasion.

I have learned that you have to put it in language they can understand.

Juette

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
TDC came home with me
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 12:32:53 PM »
Good for you Mac!! Did yours come with smooth or checkered stocks? Does your serial number start with HU or HV? Thanks....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Varminter

• A Real Regular
TDC came home with me
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 12:54:07 PM »
I see you had another relapse Mac. :grin:  Me too just bought a 20 gauge barrel and stock set off of a fellow member. How much did you give for the TDC, i've been lookin at them but haven't decided to get one yet. It's between it and the 28 in. barrel 10 gauge. I just can't make up my mind.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
TDC came home with me
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 07:24:21 PM »
Quote from: Juette
Mac,

You are not helping matters over here.  I too have been thinking about ordering a Topper Deluxe Classic.  I'm wanting the 12 to have as a backup turkey gun.  LOL... I already have a couple of backups, though.  Do as I do and tell the women in your life that guns are like shoes... you can never have too many or enough for every occasion.

I have learned that you have to put it in language they can understand.

Juette

Awww heck...she is a good wife...and as long as I do well on my trades she doesn't have any problems... :wink:

Mac

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
TDC came home with me
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 07:32:01 PM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
Good for you Mac!! Did yours come with smooth or checkered stocks? Does your serial number start with HU or HV? Thanks....<><.... :grin:

Smooooooooth...deep...dark...well figured walnut...with a slightly thicker wrist than what I've seen...like I said...it is without a doubt the nicest stock set I've seen from the factory...and it's serial  # starts with  HU....After IO clean her real good I'll post a couple of pics for ya :wink:

I see you had another relapse Mac. Very Happy Me too just bought a 20 gauge barrel and stock set off of a fellow member. How much did you give for the TDC, i've been lookin at them but haven't decided to get one yet. It's between it and the 28 in. barrel 10 gauge. I just can't make up my mind.

Varminter...wasn't really a relapse...I haven't really gotten over it in the first place :-D ...

It was all figured in on the trade...but I believe he had a $170 tag on it...a little high I know...but...it was something I just had to do...ya know what I mean.....

Mac

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
TDC came home with me
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 01:23:20 AM »
I know exactly what you mean. I've picked up a topper deluxe slug 12ga, topper deluxe 20ga, and a 10 ga model 176 with a 36" barrel over this last year.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
TDC came home with me
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 08:14:10 AM »
So Mac11700 or others, you are saying that the TDC IS a 3.5" chamber?  I have heard differing stories.  I have the barrel on order right now.  I don't mind if it is 3" but of course I would prefer it be 3.5"
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline Juette

TDC came home with me
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 11:00:52 AM »
Quote from: turkeyhunter
So Mac11700 or others, you are saying that the TDC IS a 3.5" chamber?  I have heard differing stories.  I have the barrel on order right now.  I don't mind if it is 3" but of course I would prefer it be 3.5"

I was wondering the same thing.  I know you can get the Topper Deluxe in 3 1/2, but I'm wanting the vent rib barrel.  I thought the TDC only came in a 3 inch model.

Would it be possible to order the SB1-F10 (black matte 12 gauge receiver) and pair it up with the Topper Deluxe Classic vent rib barrel?  I'm wanting the other receiver, because I don't want the nickel-plated receiver, but I do want a 3 1/2 inch capability with the 28 inch vent rib barrel with screw-in choke.

Also, does anyone think NEF will ever offer the TDC in full camo? That would be something I would have to buy.

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
TDC came home with me
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 11:10:08 AM »
I think the government may need to get involve to save us from ourselves.    LOL
So far I have every gauge in NEF and /or H&R has to offer...  .410 all the way up to 10 ga.
But I REALLY want to get a TDC.....I have a 20 ga TDC on order from a local gun shop but it has been two months since I ordered it and he can't seem to get one in.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
TDC came home with me
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 12:53:55 PM »
The government is involved. I'm afraid the government is going to make it progressively more difficult and expensive to buy guns so I have to get all of the guns I REALLY want now before it's to late.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
TDC came home with me
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 03:37:05 PM »
DaveH, I don't think the 20 gauge TDC's are available yet and they may not be for at least another month or 2. The TDC's in 12 gauge are available now, I picked one up a week or so ago from the Local Wal Mart (I ordered it) but it came with smooth stocks, not checkered as are advertised in the 2005 catalog. I checked with H&R and they told me it must be a 2004 gun (HU serial # so they are correct) and that the 2005 TDCs have the checkered stocks. I am looking for a checkered set for it instead of the smooth walnut stocks....If you do order one and want checkered stocks instead of smooth be sure to specify that, the distributor may have both on hand and be trying to move the 2004 model year guns before selling the 2005 model, of course some may prefer the smooth stocks, I myself have other plans for mine and want the checkered....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
TDC came home with me
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 03:56:29 PM »
Dave I've haerd the same thing about the 20ga availability. I'm guessing if you don't need it right away it good to be first in line. I'have a feeling the TDC have jumped ahead of some others I wanted for my arsenal. I'd be happy with one receiver and both barrels. I dont know why they dont offer it that way. I'm sure if I buy both they will.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
TDC came home with me
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 06:26:53 PM »
Quote from: turkeyhunter

No...actually all I'm saying is that mine is a 3-1/2" chamber...I hadn't even really gave these fine little shotguns a second look till I saw this sitting up on the gun rack along side some very expensive Over & Unders... :D

As to how the rest of them will be in the barrel acc...program or when ordering I'm unsure...but it would be worth a phone calll if your wanting a 3-1/2" chamber...

Mac

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
TDC came home with me
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 02:16:06 AM »
My assumption would be that since the original Topper Deluxe has a 3 1/2" chambered barrel that the new Deluxe Classic just would also. But...a call to CS would probably be best to settle any questions.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
TDC came home with me
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 02:27:08 AM »
Well, there in lies the problem.  It was customer service (no names mentioned,  :)  ) that told me it was a 3" chamber.  The H&R site calls it a 3", Wal-mart calls it a 3" but Sports South lists it as a 3.5".  I guess it really doesn't matter.  Hopefully I will have mine in my hand in short order and I will know for sure.  I had just convinced myself to start shooting the 3" turkey loads this year and now I might have to rethink things.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"