Author Topic: 10 ga turkey choke tubes ??s  (Read 791 times)

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
10 ga turkey choke tubes ??s
« on: February 25, 2005, 01:44:28 PM »
Anyone know what tubes are worth buying?? Also I dont see many that say they will fit the nef 10 ga. Is there another brand that will fit my nef?? THANKS AND GOOD HUNTIN!!!

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 01:55:52 PM »
browning and winchester tubes fit NEF.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:18:52 PM »
Hi Guys, the Browning Invector 10 Gauge choke tubes fit and interchange with the H&R 10 gauge barrels. If you want a great and reasonably priced choke tube with a 100% guarentee look into the Trulock choke tubes. They won't cost you an arm and a leg for the lower end models and they work great. If not, they stand behind their warranty 100%, they are an old fashioned company in that their word means something!!!....<><.... :grin:

Here, I found this - www.trulockchokes.com , also I checked and they don't have any "pattern plus" (less expensive model) in the 10 gauge...only in the 12 gauge...in the 10 gauge they only have the "precision plus", the more expensive model...
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Juette

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
I've been very pleased with the Kick's Gobblin Thunder choke tbe on my 10.

Offline Dirty Tiger

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »
Quote from: mjbgalt
browning and winchester tubes fit NEF.

-Matt

I don't mean to hijack this thread but.....

What brands will fit the 12ga Pardner Turkey

Thanx.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 03:08:52 PM »
Any chokes that fit the Winchoke system, Mossberg, Browning (500 series?), Winchester, Weatherby....<><.... :grin:

H & R 1871/N.E.F. 12 gauge: Interchanges with Trulock's Win-Brn-Moss style.

H & R 1871/N.E.F. 10 gauge: Interchanges with Trulock's Browning Invector 10 gauge.

Weatherby: interchanges with Trulock’s Win-Brn-Moss style.
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Dirty Tiger

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 03:41:31 PM »
Thanx for the quick reply.

This is a very cool forum with good people.

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 03:24:25 AM »
Thanks all for the info. I am still waiting on my gun to get back from nef so I haven't even tried it yet with the stock tube. I have  heard the tubes weren't very good from the factory so with your info I can start looking at different tubes with good advice from actual users. WOW what a great place this is !!!   THANKS ALL AND GOOD HUNTIN!!

Offline jeff223

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 05:05:00 AM »
i went with the COMP N CHOKE xxx full with a cost of about $50.00.also had the forceing cone lengthened and i ended up with a good shooter.forceing cone job was $30.00.

it was hard for me to spend the extra money on the gun but i wanted a singleshot 10ga turkey gun that shoot a good pattern out there at a good distance.my gun does that  now and it was worth the money.sure beats carrying around a pumpgun or something like that :)

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 12:32:42 PM »
I  also went wth the comp-n-choke xxx model. I have not had any barrell work done yet.  But the new choke does help the paetern on this gun.I can get a good patern out to about 40 yrds.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)