Author Topic: CCW belt  (Read 593 times)

Offline Tn Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
CCW belt
« on: March 03, 2005, 12:32:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me how important a stiff belt is for an IWB holster? I can understand where a stiff belt would be needed on a holster that would be worn outside the waistband. But what about inside? Wouldn't the waist band of the pants hold the holster as securely as the belt would? I'm looking at the Don Hume PCCW and it uses two loop straps like the summer special uses. Why wouldn't a regular 1 1/2" belt work just as well? Thanks.
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline TScottW99

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
    • Scouting for wildlife
CCW belt
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 02:49:01 PM »
A good belt for IWB or OWB is needed in my opion.  It helps hold the weapon where it belongs, makes carrying more comfortable and secure.  Take a look at the Wilderness belt, not the prettiest but it sure does work.

I have used just plain belts in the past, got tired of it.  Guns moving around and wiggling, not very comftorable.
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline jhm

CCW belt
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 04:08:51 AM »
A quality belt designed to retain the holster will prevent you from presenting you weapon with the holster still atached to the gun, some of my ordinary belts are too thin to hold the metal clip on the IWB holsters so I dont use them. :D    JIM

Offline Greeenriver

• Avid Poster
CCW belt
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:58:39 AM »
I have worn suspender pants for years and have no problen with ITW holsters cliped to the waistband of my pants. I only wear a belt when carying out in the open, and then it's a ctg belt with holster attached.
I have never had the holster come out with the gun just cliped to my waistband with out a belt.

Greeenriver
Most of life's problems can be handled by a sutiable application of high explosives