Author Topic: 92fs  (Read 586 times)

Offline wis_sharpshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
92fs
« on: March 04, 2005, 07:15:07 AM »
I'm looking at getting a new handgun. I'll problay just use it to shoot taregts, cans, take it with hunting some times. Wisconsin is in the process of getting a CCW law so if it passes I would carry a gun.  What do you guys think about the 92fs for a carry gun some people thinks its to big but I have never carried a conclead gun so i'm not sure. I was aslo looking at a springfeild XD in 9mm. Anybody have any input.
Hail Marry Full of Grace Drop This Animal on its Face

Offline williamlayton

92fs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 03:25:03 AM »
WIS-
Boy can you open a can of worms. :grin:
The onliest thought I can offer is--You may have too many categories to be filled by just one weapon, caliber.
The categories you have defined, in my opinion only, would best be defined by several choices and calibers.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline wis_sharpshooter

92fs
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 04:06:41 AM »
I guess I can narrow it down to would a 92fs be good for a carry gun.  I like the whay they feel in my hand better than the glocks, I also like that springfeild XD.
Hail Marry Full of Grace Drop This Animal on its Face

Offline jhm

92fs
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 04:56:35 AM »
I carried a 92fs for about a year and liked it as far as shooting, function, etc. but when it comes to weight it is a little heavy for my particular taste it get a little uncomfortable as far as a all day CCW choice. :D    JIM

Offline Dave in WV

92fs
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 07:02:24 AM »
IMHO any handgun larger or heavier than a Commander size 1911 is too big and heavy for comfortable true concealed carry. I say true concealed carry because a fanny pack holster isn't truly concealed but probably one of the most comfortable. I just got back from a trip to the mall and had my SIG P220 with me in an outside the pants holster. It wasn't uncomfortable and with a jacket concealed. A 92FS is a good bit more robust through the grip area.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Will

92fs
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 05:46:24 AM »
I'm probably one of the biggest fans in the world of a 92fs. I've had one for about seven years now, and I've put thousands upon thousands of rounds through it without a single malfunction. It's incredibly accurate too. I use it as a trail gun quite a bit, and I've even squirrel hunted with it! I also use it for IDPA shoots.

I do carry it concealed on occasion with a Galco quick-slide under a jacket. It's pretty comfortable to carry in that fashion, but it's tough to wear a jacket all of the time. When I first got my CCW, I had big ideas of carrying a full-size gun all the time (as I'm sure lots of guys do) but I quickly found out this is nearly impossible in the real world.

So, day in, day out, I carry a little Kel-tec P3AT. It's with me at work and most everywhere else. It's a significant downgrade in firepower and stopping power, but you have to compromise in the real world.

So, there you have it. While I think the Beretta is the finest service gun out there, it's simply too big for most folks to carry concealed.
Even without grocery stores, I won't go hungry.