Author Topic: tdc report  (Read 483 times)

Offline czbuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
tdc report
« on: March 06, 2005, 08:00:21 AM »
:-D well shot the new tdc. patterned for turkey got 166 shot at 40 yards in 12" circle. undertaker choke winchester 3" 6 shot 1 3/4.  willams fire site. cant whate for oping morning .  but in the fucher i would like to install alonger forarm. and kick pad after 5 shot i got to put it up. yes im a wemp........
it only takes one shot.if ya need more.go sight in your gun!!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: tdc report
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 08:08:11 AM »
Quote from: czbuff
:-D well shot the new tdc. patterned for turkey got 166 shot at 40 yards in 12" circle. undertaker choke winchester 3" 6 shot 1 3/4.  willams fire site. cant whate for oping morning .  but in the fucher i would like to install alonger forarm. and kick pad after 5 shot i got to put it up. yes im a wemp........

Not really a wimp...just add some lead shot to the stock...and put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it...it will ,ake it a-lot more fun to shoot...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline JRSR126

tdc report
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 09:30:52 AM »
CBUFF, MAC11700,

I used lead shot and could not stop the gun from rattling. Repacked it twice and sealed with wax. I recently packed it with 36 cal lead musketballs and sealed it with hot melt glue. Worked great for a while but now I am detecting a slight rattle. Any ideas???

I have the undertaker choke and it works good with Winchester High Velocity Turkey Loads 3", #6 but it sure hurts. Does as well as the #6 Hevi shot with the Trulock choke. Winchester looks like the load for the TDC. The remington turkey loads I tried sucked.

What has helped we on the recoil is  I use a bar clamp with a foam pad and clamp it to a post or a tree. This way I shoot standing up and the recoil is alot easier to bear. A turkey book recommended taking a camera tripod with a foam pad for use at the range.  I also wear a heavy coat and a pad when I shoot alot of loads. I am about ready to go to the 2-3/4. I think I am still fllinching alittle with the 3".

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
tdc report
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 12:59:21 PM »
yeah, i used rolls of nickles in my guns. they fit just right in the holes in my NEF guns and i simply tear off and re-pack them at the right length.

plus they dont rattle and you can pull the buttplate off and buy a beer if you dont shoot anything lol.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
tdc
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 03:46:56 PM »
:) do sims make a prefit recoil pad for the tdc. and dous h&r or nef make a longer forarm. eny replies would be nice thanks
it only takes one shot.if ya need more.go sight in your gun!!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
tdc report
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 06:09:50 PM »
Quote from: JRSR126
CBUFF, MAC11700,

I used lead shot and could not stop the gun from rattling. Repacked it twice and sealed with wax. I recently packed it with 36 cal lead musketballs and sealed it with hot melt glue. Worked great for a while but now I am detecting a slight rattle. Any ideas???

Yep...I used magnum 6 shot...and pack it in using a obital sander without the sandpaper on it...you would be suprised how much it packs down...then...I put a nickle on top and fill the rest up with cardboard inside the hole leaving about 1/16" above the hole...and tape hard over that to hold it in...you'll force the pad on...

As to your recoil being too much...pick up a strap on Past Magnun recoil sheild...they work great...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
tdc report
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 01:48:17 AM »
czbuff, look at the forearm for the Buff Classic. Its a perfect fit and its checkered walnut for a great match..12" long from the back of the spacer to the tip of the forearm, much longer than the standard. The forearm is not listed in the parts catalog you have to order it. It's the classic schnabel style and the cost is $31.00 from H&R, almost twice as much as a regular forearm but worth it, I have one and really like it. I also have another walnut buttstock (from Fajen) that could use a forearm so if you want to buy a long BC forearm and want to sell the regular short forearm drop me a line, I would like to buy the short one for a rifle set up I have in the works, good luck....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley