Author Topic: CHARTER ARMS  (Read 636 times)

Offline longwalker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
CHARTER ARMS
« on: March 06, 2005, 12:33:10 PM »
I have seen them in  store display cases, but never bothered to really look at them. I guess I am asking, are they a well kept secret or just an inexpensive assembly of parts.

longwalker

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Charter Arms
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 02:29:07 PM »
We have two in my family.  I have a .44 bulldog Pug that I've actually been trying to get rid of because I don't need it any more. I bought a S&W 640 instead cause it's a little easier to carry. My wife on the other hand likes her Charter Undercover very much. In fact she passed up a S&W M60 for it. They are fine guns. You might do well to buy the Charter and spend the ballance of what you had in mind to spend on practice ammo.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline Old Griz

CHARTER ARMS
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:13:33 AM »
:cb2: The Charter Arms Co. has gone through different phases with different owners. I remember they tested Charter Arms in "Gun Tests" magazine, and the firing pin broke on the first test. Enough goes wrong with the really good firearm companies, I tend to avoid the marginal ones.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
CHARTER ARMS
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 11:05:41 AM »
A buddy of mine has carried one for 20 years, likes it just fine.  They're meant to be carried a lot and shot very little.  As long as you don't beat it up with hot ammo it will likely outlive you.  

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?