Author Topic: this is what many of us will be after in a few short weeks  (Read 615 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
this is what many of us will be after in a few short weeks
« on: March 09, 2005, 05:37:23 PM »
i sure hope the snow melts off in the next few weeks so the turkeys can get all fattened up :)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
this is what many of us will be after in a
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 01:11:29 AM »
I forgot to take the dang class again! In Delaware you have to take a dang class to hunt turkey, even on private land. After 30some years of hunting the same piece of land that is hunted by no one else and has been owned by my family since 1941 I need a class? I can understand public land hunters since the state should be a little more careful there.
Sorry for the rant but it just chaps my hide. Enjoy your tukey season gents and post pics of those toms and the guns that took'em. Good luck all.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 01:11:47 AM »
Lil' Tom is chompin' at the bit, for me to call one up close and personal, so he can take his head off...Mine are still wearin' hoods and look like they weigh 40lbs a piece all fluffed out from the cold...Good Luck To Ya....WE open here in NY 1MAY....MTNMAN :wink:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=114
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 05:36:39 AM »
A CLASS..to hunt Turkeys?  what in the world?  What kind of Morons run F&G in Delaware?  And I thought they were only idiots here in Oregon......
....make it count

Offline savageT

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 06:21:30 AM »
Quote from: Robert
A CLASS..to hunt Turkeys?  what in the world?  What kind of Morons run F&G in Delaware?  And I thought they were only idiots here in Oregon......

Hey.......
Look at it as a chance to get out of the house for a night!  Who knows, it might even be enjoyable as there are teachers and students there who share the same interests as you????  Worst comes to worst, you could possibly offer a helping hand to the instructor(s) and share some of your secrets for a good hunt.
Last year, I attended a bow class with my grandson and discovered there is something else to learn about hunting and field techniques.  I for one had a great time.

Jim
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline RedRyder21

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 03:40:46 PM »
What kind of HR/NEF do you have there in that picture? I like that synthetic stock? Is that a scope on it? Gauge? Chokes?
I love shotguns! :cb2:

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 11:22:30 AM »
Hey Markus you could always buy a Maryland out of state license and come down here and hunt with us?
 I've been scouting for the past week I've already spotted the roost of a gang of hens no toms yet.  My buddy wants to try getting his turkey with a bow this year.  I keep telling him look dummy I will be hunting with a finely tuned 10 ga.  and you will be using a bow ???????  Guess what I out range you by......well allot.
Offered to let him use my Charles Daly Maxi Mag 3 1/2 ... But he is determined to use his bow......OK no problem more fare for my table.  No actually I've never personally seen a Turkey taken with a bow so I'll call them in and if you misses I'll clean up the mess.  I'm planning on setting up about 20-30 yrds behind his blind to call them in.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline jeff223

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 11:42:04 AM »
RedRyder21
that gun is a nef 10ga turkey gun.is has a simmons shotgun scope mounted on the barrel,a aftermarket choke tube "COMP N CHOKE" and the forcing cone has been lengthened.the stock is just a standard nef pallet wood stock painted flat black  :lol:she will really rock your world when you hit the switch on that thing :)

Offline RedRyder21

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 11:46:49 AM »
Sounds nice! Did it come tapped for sope mounts or did you have it done? What kind of paint did you use? Or did it come painted?

I ask since I have a Pardner 12 ga 3in, I love it to death, but it really dosen't have much of a prupose yet!
I love shotguns! :cb2:

Offline jeff223

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 12:22:16 PM »
the 10ga turkey barrel comes drilled and tapped for a red dot setup.i prefer a scope over a red dot so you have two holes drilled n tapped closer to the breech of the barrel and it looks like this

the pallet wood came painted black on my gun but i have painted a number of them with Wally World flat black :)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Turkey Season
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »
I'm with you Marcus. :cry:   Please post pictures all you who will be hunting.  Season here in MN opens April 13.  You have to apply for a permit it December and I didn't get the yen for a turkey hunt till a few weeks ago.  Not to worry, there's always the fall season and I will be applying for that permit in June.  YEE HA!  Now I really know what they mean by LET THEM EAT CROW.  :-D  That's open for the rest of the month.LOL

Good Luck
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"