Author Topic: The Outdoor Channel and DirecTV  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
The Outdoor Channel and DirecTV
« on: February 10, 2003, 07:28:33 AM »
I have been trying to get the Outdoor channel from DirectTV for some time now. No luck, They want me to buy the Sports package and I will get the Outdoor Channel.  I even tried to get them to trade me the Outdoor life  "Yuppie" Channel.  no go. You gotta take the package.

I was at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor show yeasterday and there was the Outdoor Channel Booth.  I walked over to them and started grummping.  The two folks in the booth said together  "Direct TV!"  Yep that's the one.  

They told me to call Direct TV  and order the OutDoor channel "ala carte".

I called Direct TV this morning and said I wanted the Outdoor Channel and they started to tell me all about the Sports package.  I impolitely interrupted and said "ala carte please" "Oh...one moment...turn to channel 606...got it...good, that will be a $1.99 more a month on your bill.

Now live in color animals are gonna die!

Offline Frog123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 07:01:11 PM »
Congrats :D

Glad to see you got the Outdoor Channel. I love it, I don't see how I get anything done. Just about 24 hrs of Hunting & Fishing shows. I got it on right now, kind of makes the other 149 channels kind of useless. The only downfall is the gold prospecting shows, but if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have time to get anything accomplished. I love "Tuesday Night Pursuits"I program the vcr to record it while I'm work. I know you're going to enjoy it.

Frog :toast:
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time....ES

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
this morning...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 05:47:23 AM »
Father daughter pronghorn hunt.  Father daughter are admiring her antelope and dad say "she missed three times before she got this one"  She says "at least I got one, you haven't got one yet"

Offline ARMallardSlayer

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 09:28:19 AM »
They try to pull that on people and get away with it if you don't know better.......I had the sports pack before that picked of TOC.......... :D
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange landing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!!!!!!!

ARMallardSlayer

Offline skandiaman

outdoor channel
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 01:15:38 AM »
I had that channel for about 3 days. I got tired of sitting through 20 min. of selling me crap to see 5-10min. of hunting. Also got tired of seeing "hunters" driving along a 10' enclosure fence to their hunting spot. I'll spend my money on videos about the hunting I want to see instead of bull riding and bass fishing. Of course for $1.99/month you can't complain.

Offline J. Frank Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 01:48:26 PM »
Can you get the outdoor chanel a la cart from cox cable?? :roll:
J. Frank
" No one rises to low expectations"

Offline smoky

• Contributor
    • http://www.cattletoday.com/sscc
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 10:03:14 AM »
I have been going round and roung with charter media to start carrying it as well.

Smoky
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.