Author Topic: Horowitz  (Read 366 times)

Offline IntrepidWizard

• Trade Count: (0)
Horowitz
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:09:38 PM »
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:57 AM

Subject: Thank you

Mr. Horowitz,

I too am in the military and appreciate what you are doing.  Some may think there is no greater way to serve your country than to put on its uniform and charge into the field of battle.  But this last election made me realize something.  I realized that the threats to our country are not completely external.  Every land loving patriot could grab an M-16 and deploy half way around the world and America could still crumble if the right people were not left behind.  Currently I fill a special position in the military.  I am a Rear Detachment Commander.  I am not charged with patrolling streets, dismantling IEDs, or arresting terrorist.  

Amongst other things I am responsible to make sure that the families left behind do not go crazy, making sure casualty notification operations go as smoothly as possible, visiting the wounded that return from the battle field, and training up replacement soldiers.  And I'm responsible for making sure the unit doesn't fall apart while most of the soldiers are away.  In the end, my Commander has charged me to do all these things in order to maintain the ethos of the organization.  The soldiers cannot lose their will to fight because of what is going on back at home.   Well, the military isn't the only organization that needs a Rear Detachment.  America needs a rear detachment too.  America needs people charged with making sure affairs are in order in the country so that the deployed soldiers can keep up the fight.  And the last thing America needs is for the people in the rear to be undermining their effort.  They don't need people that try to cut off the money flow.  They don't need people that tell them what they are doing is wrong.  And they certainly don't need people sending truck size care packages to the other side.

Because we have these people in our country, it is necessary to have people like you staying at home countering their damaging actions.  If all patriots went to fight the war, then all those left behind would naturally be those who were against the war.  The left knows this.  They would love for all the patriots to leave the country.  The truth is, however, there are numerous battles going on right now for the future of America.  Some of those battles are being fought in distant lands by our service members.  Some of those battles are being fought in the branches of our government by elected and appointed officials.  And other battles are being fought at our universities by people like you.  They all need their own types of warriors.  Keep doing what you are doing and thank you for you moral clarity in discussing the future of freedom and classic liberalism.  

CPT Michael H Capps, Jr.
Task Force Vigilant Commander
DSN: 382-5620

DH: Thank you. If you send me a mailing address I will send you a copy of my book Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the American Left, which is a primer in the war on home. I will also send you as many copies as you can use of my new pamphlet Why We Are In Iraq And Why Some Americans Want Us To Lose The War, which we will be publishing this Friday. Thank you for your service to our great country and to the cause of freedom.

David Horowitz
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington