Author Topic: Hopefully  (Read 371 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Hopefully
« on: March 12, 2005, 11:41:04 PM »
Come Monday morning, the 223 will go back to the range and get squared away. I think having a 4-12x40 scope also had something to do with it. I mean the scope is ok, just never had a scope that you change the yardage on the front part.  :eek:  I feel since I got it close at 100, that it shouldn't take but a short time before it is tearing the center out of the target. You know, when I work the night before I have no problems getting a gun sighted in, but when I have had a good nights sleep it's different.  :shock:  I don't shake so much when I've worked all night. I will let yall know how it goes.
tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline jeff223

Hopefully
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 01:12:38 AM »
:coffee:

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Hopefully
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:13:29 AM »
Good luck...Let us know how it goes.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Hopefully
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 01:27:20 AM »
TOMMY01, please tell me more about this scope that you changed yardage on the front part (???). What brand and model? On many high magnification AO (adjustable objective) scopes you adjust the front lens to remove parallax and the front lens is marked in distance numbers. I have never seen and heard of a scope that adjusts the power at the front of the scope and it interests me, not that I want one it just has me very curious...Thanks!!!....<><.... :grin:

I'm sure that scope wasn't on backwards!!! Was it?, I mean did the sight picture look real samll when you looked through the scope... :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
Hopefully
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 04:33:04 AM »
Well, what I mean't to say, was you can change the distance and parallax, but I apparently didn't know what to call them (stupid me) :oops:  It's not the best or better kind of scope but it's good enough since there is hardly any recoil from the 223. I got it at BPS(it's a redhead brand). Got to do alot of honey dos today so the wifey doesn't get too bent out of shape when I go to the range tomorrow. I really like shooting this caliber. It will be my fun gun!
                                           tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly