Author Topic: Are liberals torturing Muslim prisoners...?  (Read 784 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Are liberals torturing Muslim prisoners...?
« on: March 13, 2005, 01:12:36 PM »
Since we began picking up enemy combatants and terrorists, many have been detained in Guantanamo...often having better quarters than our own troops.
   They have been basically handled with "kid gloves" when compared to past wars and especially when compared to the few that that same enemy captured of ours (e.g. some beheaded, others found executed in various ways).

These enemy captives have been well fed, allowed their religion etc., etc.

Along comes Liberal outfits and lawyers (e.g. ACLU) and they start insisting stupid things like trying these thugs and terrorists  in local courts;
I presume so they can hope to "spring" them so they can commit more terror...

Naturally the result is for the military to say..." since you don't like the good conditions these terrorists have at Gitmo...we will send them to their "home countries" for interrogation and whatever..

Now listen to the liberals squeal.....

And it's all their own doing....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline fe352v8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 05:50:27 PM »
Why should I squeal, this is just another example of out sourcing.  We can have them mistreated in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Egypt, Pakistan, Yemen, or somewhere similar, for pennies on the dollar compared what it costs for Americans to mistreat them.

Seriously, I suppose it was silly of me, and other liberals, to expect the executive branch of government too not only enforce the laws of the United States, but to abide by them.

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon
life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 11:05:40 PM »
Admit it fe, your Lib friends are the ones that forced them offshore !

As it is often being said these days...GOOD news for the USA is Bad news for Liberals....and vice versa..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 11:26:48 PM »
Your right Iron, how did you find out , did someone at the White House tell you how my friends and I had a confrence call, and told George, Don, and  Dick, if they did not clean up this Gitmo stuff, we would lean on all our friends in congress and get them impeached."

Or maybe it would make a law suit moot if they were not in US captivity in violation of US law.  When one persons rights can be violated, everyones rights can be violated.

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

jon

Offline BamBams

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 02:51:32 AM »
Thanks fellas!  I needed to start my day with a laugh!  You two could be the next Abbot & Costello!  *laughing*
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 01:11:40 PM »
Seriously, I suppose it was silly of me, and other liberals, to expect the executive branch of government too not only enforce the laws of the United States, but to abide by them.

The laws of the US as well as the rights of our Constitution apply to if not just American citizens & residents then at the very least to the people in the US. We dont rule the world, might act like it sometimes but we dont.

Best to keep these people out & IMO theyre lucky we afforded them the right to eat. An enemy is just that & while some prove themselves honerable & should be treated likewise honourably I dont feel these men qualify.
How do they treat American prisoners? Even journalists that arent killing anyone?
They'd respect us more if we lined them up & shot every one. Thats the mentality of the people we are entangled with at this time.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 04:30:21 PM »
Yup...Libs`are so concerned with terrorist's "rights"

They want to set them free to kill more Americans...

Libs ought to be very proud...

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 02:27:23 AM »
Think this was posted on this site before but it is fitting for this thread...

LARK Program

Friday, December 17, 2004 2:58 PM

A person wrote a letter to the White House complaining about the treatment of a captive taken during the Afghanistan war. Below is a copy of the response.

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C.

Dear Concerned Citizen:

Thank you for your recent letter criticizing our treatment of the Taliban and Al Qaeda detainees currently held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The administration takes these matters seriously, and your opinion was heard loud and clear here in Washington You'll be pleased to learn that, thanks to the concerns of citizens like you, we are creating the Terrorist Retraining Program, to be called the "Liberals Accept Responsibility for Killers" program, or LARK for short. In accordance with the guidelines of this new program, we have decided to place one terrorist under your personal care.

Your detainee has been selected and scheduled for transportation to your residence next Monday. Ali Mohammed Ahmed bin Mahmud is to be cared for pursuant to the standards you personally demanded in your letter of admonishment. We will conduct weekly inspections to ensure that your standards of care for Ahmed are commensurate with those you so strongly recommended in your letter.

Although Ahmed is sociopathic and extremely violent, we hope that your sensitivity to what you described as his "attitudinal problem" will help him overcome this character flaw. Perhaps you are correct in describing these problems as mere cultural differences.

Your adopted terrorist is extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat and can extinguish human life with such simple items as a pencil or nail clippers. He is also expert at making a wide variety of explosive devices from common household products, so you may wish to keep those items locked up, unless you feel that this might offend him.

Ahmed will not wish to interact with your wife or daughters since he views females as a subhuman form of property. This is a particularly sensitive subject for him. He has been known to show violent tendencies around women who fail to comply with the dress code that he considers appropriate, but I'm sure that over time they will come to enjoy the anonymity offered by the bhurka. Just remind them that it is all part of respecting his culture and his religious beliefs.

Thanks again for your letter. We truly appreciate it when folks like you inform us of the proper way to do our job. Take good care of Ahmed and good luck!

Cordially,
Don Rumsfeld

So fe352v8 how many terrorist can we put you down for?  :)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BamBams

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 03:14:41 AM »
Thanks for ressurrecting that old post Brett.  I enjoyed reading it again.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 08:12:12 AM »
Brett,

Put me down for 5 or 6, with the crack down on illegal aliens, I did not know where I was going to find lawn guys, painters, and roofers.

jon

jon

Offline Brett

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 10:01:37 AM »
Where not talking about a bunch of Mexican farmers who have slipped over the boarder here we are talking about the Taliban and Al Qaeda detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.  People who would like to chop your head off not trim your hedges!   :x

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 10:57:46 AM »
Sorry to make light of the situation, however the US prides itself as a country of law, the legislature makes the law, the judiciary interpets the the law, and the executive branch enforces the law.  When one branch shirks from their constitutional duty, we have no law.  These "enemy combatants", should be treated in accordence with the law.

jon

jon

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 12:51:03 PM »
Ok, whats the Cuban law for enemy prisoners?
Maybe we oughtta spread the word in the radical Islamic world that these guys have turned & are going back as spies for the US. This way their brothers can take them prisoners & treat them humanely according to their own customs.  :grin:
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 04:49:28 PM »
.....Still haven't heard any logical rationale as to why Libs want to turn
  terrorists loose to blow up more buildings and chop more heads off...

Let's hear 'em...

Offline Brett

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 01:56:33 AM »
"[T]oday, it is not coincidental that America, the country that most thinks in terms of good and evil, is the country that most affirms Judeo-Christian values. In the contemporary Western world, most people who identify with the Left -- meaning the majority of people -- hate war, corporations, pollution, Christian fundamentalists, economic inequality, tobacco and conservatives. But they rarely hate the greatest evils of their day, if by evil we are talking about the deliberate infliction of cruelty -- mass murder, rape, torture, genocide and totalitarianism. ... Ask leftists what they believe humanity must fight against, and they will likely respond global warming or some other ecological disaster (and perhaps American use of armed force as well). In fact, the Left throughout the world generally has contempt for people who speak of good and evil. They are called Manichaeans, moral simpletons who see the world in black and white, never in shades of grey." --Dennis Prager

THE LAST WORD

"The only people liberals can find to put up a fight these days are ex-Klanners and other assorted nuts. There's former KKK 'Kleagle' and Democrat Sen. Bob Byrd, who compared the Republicans to Hitler last week. Byrd having been a charter member of a fascist organization himself, no one was sure if this was intended as a critique or a compliment. Aspiring first lady Teresa Heinz claims the election was stolen through the machinations of a vast conspiracy involving Republican polling machine manufacturers. We eagerly await a Michael Moore documentary to flesh out the details. ... Howard Dean -- chairman of the party that supports murder, adultery, lying about adultery, coveting other people's money, stealing other people's money, mass-producing human embryos for spare parts like an automotive chop shop and banning God -- has called the Republican Party 'evil.' ... Teddy Kennedy's big new idea is to wheel out his 18th proposal to raise the minimum wage. He's been doing this since wages were paid in Spanish doubloons. Kennedy refuses to countenance any risky schemes like trying to grow the economy so people making minimum wage get raises because they've been promoted. Kennedy's going down and he's taking the party with him! (Recognize the pattern?) I keep expecting the real Democrats to appear and drag these nuts out of the room, saying, Oh sorry, he's escaped again -- don't worry, he does this all the time...." --Ann Coulter