Author Topic: .32 NAA Factory ammo and reloading  (Read 508 times)

Offline Mayor of Hobbs Knob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
.32 NAA Factory ammo and reloading
« on: March 14, 2005, 12:23:18 PM »
I am still weighing the posssibility of buying that NAA Guardian in .32 NAA.  Is Cor-Bon the only factory ammo available?  I reload.  Are dies and brass available?  Where?  Worth the trouble for something a little different?

Thanks,

Mayor
"It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:56:37 PM »
I believe that Cor-Bon is the only available ammo for this round, which is not a bad thing.  I don't think that dies are available, and I have never seen reloading data available...which dosen't mean you couldn't have dies made.  One thing, though, since the only feasible purpose of this weapon is for self defense, I highly recommend you use the factory ammo (Just one more thing for the courts to use against you if you have to use it...I have read several reports of handloads being touted as "Deadlier" than Over the Counter medicine).  Another thing is the 60 grn load is the only one I have found for this weapon, and it is published as a Cor-Bon JHP at 1200 fps/192 ft/lbs of energy.  On the other hand, the Cor-Bon load for the .380 is a 90 grn +P JHP at 1050fps/220 ft/lbs of energy, plus the .380 punches a bigger hole.  Just my thoughts.

SAW
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Mayor of Hobbs Knob

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 12:17:31 AM »
Thanks for the good feedback.  After doing some surfing for information, I warming up to this little pistol.  I have no small carry handgun and do have a permit.  Have been thinking about a Kel-tec in .380 but I like having slighty "odd" things in my gun collection.  Perhap "unique" would be a better term.  The NAA pistol and The NAA cartridge get really great reviews.  Your point is well taken about factory ammo.  Also, this is a protection/collection pistol not something I plan to put a lot of rounds through.  Think I'll have another talk with the dealer.  Thanks again.

Mayor
"It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."