Author Topic: Picked up my used-new Redhawk  (Read 608 times)

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Picked up my used-new Redhawk
« on: March 15, 2005, 03:18:11 PM »
Picked up a stainless 7 1/2, redhawk today (waited my legal 10 days). Guy said he had put about 25-30 rds thru it, changed grips to pacmyer and shot the rest of the box of shells. Said it was to much for him (he's just a skinny little feller).Asked about the org. grips but he said he must have thrown them out when he tossed the orig box.!!!  No nothing extra with the gun, he even thru the brass away, (sheesh). It wasant even cleaned, guess he dint buy a cleaning kit. Dint get a chance to do anything with it today as had promised the MRS. would take he out of town shopping, plus I had a Drs. appointment. Was gonna clean it to-night but wound up running a low grade fever after I got home. Wasant sick till I went to the Dr. :eek:  Oh well theres always to-marrow. Might get a chance this weekend to shoot it as going to the dau. and son in laws for the boys birthday party (he"ll be 2 yrs old.) Hes the youngest grand kid out of a bunch.

Gun Runner

Offline 1911crazy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:14:57 PM »
You didn't say what caliber?  They came in 4 calibers? But mainly in the most popular 44mag. which I have both 5 1/2" and 7 1/2" barrels.  When I first read your post I was hoping you got the 7 1/2" barrel it handles so much better than the 5 1/2".  I have a CC permit and i've carried both in shoulder holsters with no problems.  I was starting to get really good with it at 100yds but i stopped shooting for a few years so i have to practice more again.  I'm sure your going to like it congrats on the purchase. BigBill

I changed the grips to the large pachmayer grips too.

Offline Gun Runner

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 05:20:27 PM »
Sorry Bill  :oops: , its a 44 mag. This the second one I have owned. Last one got sold yrs ago during a hard money time.  I dont know if you call this buying it or "Stealing it". Guy wanted $400.00 but not a taker one, I caught him in a weak moment, gave $200.00 plus an old single shot .410,
that needed a firing pin. (No I'am not ashamed of my self  :twisted: ) He basicly made the deal I just got pants burn on the back of my hand getting the green out of my pocket. Its not even broken in yet, but gonna have my gun smith go thru and slick things up inside.  Got a set of hogue grips comming and some speed loaders, next week.

Gun Runner

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 07:05:15 AM »
Sweet Deal GR...Let us know how it shoots when you get a chance to fire off some rounds.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline hunt4570

• Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
    • Harley FLT?FLH bikes and Rides
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 02:36:03 PM »
Gun Runner...sounds like a great deal.I just picked up the same gun at a gun show a couple of weeks ago,waited my required 10 seconds and took it home,gun,original factory rings,lock, manual and box.But I had to give $450 for it.Now I have to figure out what I am going to shoot out of it,what kind of loads.SGB
PETA.....P eople  E ating  T asty  A nimals

Come visit my forum  http://forums.delphiforums.com/anyride/start

Offline Tom W.

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Warning... Does not play well with others!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 04:49:14 PM »
Oh the joys of a new Ruger handgun. I got a SRH for Christmas, and so far have only shot 200 rounds through it.
Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns!

Offline Gun Runner

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:14:47 PM »
Have a bunch of 245gr stuff loaded up that I load for the son in law. Just got a Lee 310gr mould that throws them out at 315 gr, and after gc and lube there close to 325 gr. looking for a load for the 325's right now.
Latter on want to get me the Lee 208 gr wad cutter mould. They punch the perttyest holes in paper and gal. water filled jugs.

Gun Runner

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 01:46:45 AM »
I picked up a used Super Redhawk in 454 Casull the other day. Excellent shape for $475.00. I mounted a scope on it and took it to the range. I was shooting 2 inch groups at 50 yards off hand. I guess I got a good deal also.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA