Author Topic: Marlin 12 ga  (Read 440 times)

Offline coyotehunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Marlin 12 ga
« on: March 21, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of a Model 200 Marlin 12 ga. It looks just like the H&R. I have one i was wondering what its worth. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Marlin 12 ga
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 01:41:59 AM »
They seem to get mentioned here about every 2 or 3 months. From what I've seen they seem to go for about the same price as H&Rs or NEF. They are made in the same factory. Marlin is the parent company of HR1871. They did a run stamped with the Marlin name a couple years back. Look at www.gunbroker.com to get an idea of what people are actually paying for them. If I was buying guns for speculative purposes I don't think this would be the 1st on my list. Shoot and enjoy it. That what it's made for.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline coyotehunter

Marlin 12 ga
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 03:35:21 PM »
Thanks Markus, everybody i talked to had never heard of it. Thanks for your help!!!

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
Marlin 12 ga
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 03:55:10 PM »
I saw a marlin 200 brand new at a local Walmart for 89.00.

Outside of the name, it was the same as a Pardner, except for darker wood.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Marlin 12 ga
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 03:40:45 AM »
Hello Coyotehunter. I bought  one from a K-Mart about two years ago for $79.95.  Then called Marlin to find out some info.  A very nice lady told me that they were made for K-Mart and marketed through those stores (but Rogmatt says he saw one at a Wal Mart, so who knows how accurate she was).  She added that it was only made for a couple years.  I believe she said from 1998 - 2000.  I thought it was unique to have a shot gun with the Marlin name, which is why I bought one.  I still see them every now again in some K-Marts, but if they were only made for a couple of years, they may not be around much longer.  I'm not suggesting that they are going to be collector items, but if anyone finds them unique as I did, they may want to locate one soon.  By the way, I have seen a couple at gunshows and the seller's were trying to pass them off as something special.  I seem to recall one was being offered for $149.00 new in the box.  Have fun with it.

EVOC ONE