Author Topic: Light .410 bullets for 41 magum  (Read 907 times)

Offline DB Leath

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Light .410 bullets for 41 magum
« on: February 11, 2003, 01:04:34 PM »
I am using 41 magnum for cas , I have been using a 210 bullet. I would like to use a lighter one somewhere around 170 gr.  Anyone know of a bullet mold or bullet that would work for me.  Is there a mold for 40 sw that would work.  If the bullets come out of the mold big enough.  Heck then I could use a 155.
DB Leath
SASS #49681
SBSS #1201
Ya have to back your brothers play

Offline Gunner

Light Weight 41 bullets......
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 02:03:29 PM »
I recently got some 175 gr FP BB lead bullets from Colorado Cast Bullets, they are meant for the old 41 AE, no crimping groove, but will work in a revolver with a mild roll crimp in a light load.

http://www.sanjuanrange.com/ccb_prices.htm

Gunner

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 11:37:04 PM »
Im looking too I have one lee mold that I believe is a 195 and just picked up a mold off ebay its an old herters single cavity 180 grain round flat. I beleive theres another one up for action there right now. I sure would like a 180-190 keith style bullet though it would be the ticket in the .41 special.
blue lives matter

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 06:36:09 AM »
Lee has a 170gr tumble lube design that works great out of my 41. It is a nice accurate plinker that so far has not leaded my gun at all. You might want to stick with a NEW mould if you get one. I have bought two used lee moulds and both work but are a little rough around the bases. I might take one and have it milled off a bit to clean it up and get it down to around 160 gr or so.

Lloyd... I saw that 220 gr on auction and almost bid till I saw your name. Thought I would pick it up if it went cheap enough but don't really need it right now. Would like to see you post on how it works if you win it.

Had to edit. Just had a thought. On one of the forums guys were talking about shimming a mould with aluminum tape(for some other caliber). That might work for a 40 cal mould. Said the bullets didn't appear to be "out of round" too bad and shot fine.
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline rob_helms

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 06:00:58 PM »
I use the Lee 170 Tumble Lube for CAS shooting with 4.4gn IMR 700X and WLP Primers. It shoots well in my pistols and rifle. Both the 170 and 210 Tumble Lube Bullets are the most accurate cast bullets I have found for Marlin's Micro Groove barrel in my rifle.
Rob Helms

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 09:57:01 PM »
dont worry about outbidding me I bid once usually at what is the most ill pay and if someone wants to pay more have at em! I have a couple thousand of those bullets allready done up anyway so Im in no hurry to find one.
Quote from: dakotashooter2
Lee has a 170gr tumble lube design that works great out of my 41. It is a nice accurate plinker that so far has not leaded my gun at all. You might want to stick with a NEW mould if you get one. I have bought two used lee moulds and both work but are a little rough around the bases. I might take one and have it milled off a bit to clean it up and get it down to around 160 gr or so.

Lloyd... I saw that 220 gr on auction and almost bid till I saw your name. Thought I would pick it up if it went cheap enough but don't really need it right now. Would like to see you post on how it works if you win it.

Had to edit. Just had a thought. On one of the forums guys were talking about shimming a mould with aluminum tape(for some other caliber). That might work for a 40 cal mould. Said the bullets didn't appear to be "out of round" too bad and shot fine.
blue lives matter