Author Topic: 12 Gauge TDC Barrel For NEF Handi-Rifle?  (Read 510 times)

Offline TNred

• Trade Count: (0)
12 Gauge TDC Barrel For NEF Handi-Rifle?
« on: March 22, 2005, 11:39:36 AM »
Does anybody know if I can order a 12 gauge Topper Deluxe Classic barrel for my Handi-Rifle?  Will NEF fit it to my Handi-Rifle frame?

If so, I plan to get one and have some fiber optic shotgun sights mounted.  With these on the vent rib, would a monte carlo stock still be too high for sighting?

Thanks,

TNred

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
Yes, they will fit the TDC barrel to your frame. The question is do they have any barrels in stock to fit. I'd definitely give custom service a call to see how long the wait will be. As for the monte carlo stock you'll just have to give it a try and see if it works for you. If you look back in the threads there was a post about the williams sight unit.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Mamba_Driver

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://home.comcast.net/~ronweiser/
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 06:27:18 PM »
TNred, I bought a TDC barrel and fitted it to a .270 Ultra SB2 frame.  It works nicely and looks even better.  The Monte Carlo stock was a no-go for me.  I couldn't get my eye low enough to sight along the rib.

You can order a shotgun style pistol grip stock set from H&R to replace the Monte Carlo set.  I just ordered a set from Gunstocks yesterday.  I got a straight comb pistol grip butt stock and a Schnabel forend in brown laminate.  I'm really anxious to get them in.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
TDC barrel
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 11:46:27 PM »
TNred
Be sure to check you PMs.  I sent you a proposal about that.  Think about it, maybe we can help each other out.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 01:01:42 AM »
Mamba Driver be sure to post a pic of that new stock. I'm thinking about one a project I've had in mind for a while.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Mamba_Driver

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:16:43 AM »
Markus, I'll post some before and after pics when I get the stock set in.  It was hard picking stock style and color.  There really aren't many good pictures of Gunstocks H&R offerings.  It's almost like buying sight unseen.  I still don't know what the real color of the brown laminate is.  The color chart that they have for the laminates is sort of a colored drawing instead of pictures of the wood. :?

Like I said,...I'm really anxious to get them in and fitted. :grin:

Offline Brokenrack

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:56:33 PM »
Tip:  When your at Gunstocks Inc. website look at some of the TC encore etc. pics some of the lams are pictured there.

Offline Mamba_Driver

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 04:44:57 PM »
Thanks Brokenrack!  Just spent 20 minutes looking at all the pictures.  Looks like I'm going to really like the brown laminate for my TDC project!  I just got an email from them this evening.  I'm hoping that they are on their way to me now.  Thanks again!