Author Topic: One Ragged Hole sight.  (Read 2068 times)

Offline James B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
One Ragged Hole sight.
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »
Has anyone tried the One Ragged Hole peep sight that they make for the hand Rifle. I saw it on their sight of the same name.  While we are on sights has anyone tried the XS sight systems Ghost Ring that mounts on the Weaver Base? I want to put a GOOD Peep on my Regular 45-70 rifle for some SERIOUS Big game hunting. Moose and Black Bear. I could use a scope but I would rather find a good Peep. Shots where I hunt these critters are seldom more that 75-125 yards. If I do use a scope I want one with plenty of eye relief and a good wide field of view. QUICK!! How would that 2x7 that you have shown here work for that range?
shot placement is everything.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »
The Mueller 2-7x32 Multi-shot would be an excellent woods/brush bear huntin scope, it has an excellent FOV on the low power settings and the illuminated dot would show up real good on a black bears's fur, a sight picture that could be frustrating with a reticle that disappears when you most need it!! I'm workin on Rich at Mueller to make this scope without the circle part for a better big game scope, but it would work fine just as it is, the circle just kinda makes the sight picture a little cluttered, if you know what I mean. The X-hair within the circle is very fine so it would work out past 100yds, easily. The FOV on 2x is 47' at 100yds. For comparison, the Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33 has a FOV of 43.2' at 100yds.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/multi-shot.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MtJerry

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »
I have on on my 45-70 handi right now and have another one on order for my 44mag barrel that is on its way home as we speak.

I looks like this ....

I originally purchased it for my Ruger SBG 44mag.  My groups shrank an honest 25% when I put it on the SBH.

I highly recommedn this sight for the handi ...
:D

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 02:46:07 PM »
I like the looks of it.  I'm ordering one for my 45-70 Handi.  I like peep sights anyway.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 05:10:02 PM »
Thanks guys. I liked the looks of the One Ragged hole sight and its cheap. I think 24.00. I love the look of the Ghost ring from XS also but it may be a little high setting on top of the scope rail. I like the sound of that scope as well. So many options, So little fooling around money. :(
shot placement is everything.

Offline ping925

One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 01:50:56 AM »
Have them and really like them.  I put the small aperture on my 44 mag barrel and the large on on my Ruger 357.  Easy to install and gives a really quick sight picture--my groups have shrunk.  No need to fool with the front sight as you have to do with the Williams.

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 05:10:15 AM »
Well I'll be.  Great idea.  I have one on my max blackhawk but now that I know I think I will move it to the handi max and try it out, or better yet it came with 2 apitures so hmmmm what to do what to do.

Thanks
I must be crazy.

Offline MtJerry

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »
22KHornet,
That extra aperature you got for your balckhawk WILL fit on your handi.  Just take off the factory leaf and gently file off the little "bump" on the ORH sight and it will slide right in.

That's what I did for my 45-70.  I have the smaller aperature on the balckhawk and the larger one on the 45-70.
:D

Offline jk3006

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 11:18:25 AM »
I can't comment on this sight as far as rifles go, but I did purchase one for my hand gun (Ruger SRH) with a 7.5 inch barrel.  I thought I would love it, but my groups started stringing vertically after putting it on.  So, it came right back off.  Some people love it.  You'll just have to see how you like it.  

Jon

Offline Woodbutcher

• Contributor
one ragged hole
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 09:33:14 AM »
Gentlemen, where do you get one of these sights? Is there a website?
                                              Thank you.  Woodbutcher

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 09:42:11 AM »
WB, you really need to use your PC for what it works good at, using a search engine on the net.....I use www.google.com even though they are anti gun, they are still the best.... :cry:

http://www.oneraggedhole.com/

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 11:49:42 AM »
I use www.dogpile.com, it searches all of them....  :wink:

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
One Ragged Hole sight.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 12:02:24 PM »
I tried Dogpile, ICERocket and several others, none offered some of the features of the Google toolbar that I love and don't want to do without, so I'm back with it....reluctantly...and even Dogpile uses Google as one of their search engines, among others. The three best rated search engines are Google, Yahoo and Teoma...tried em all.... :cry:

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/SearchEngines.html