Author Topic: Customizing the Ruger Old Army  (Read 768 times)

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
Customizing the Ruger Old Army
« on: March 22, 2005, 03:32:10 PM »
We all know that Mr. Clements does a wonderful job of making a 5 shot 50 conversion for the ROA. It is a really beautiful gun and increases to a new level of power.

I remember seeing a Ruger that was modified with a longer barrel, deeper chambers from some gunsmith in Michigan.If I am not mistaken, the gun was supposed to shoot conical bullets at a velocity to bring it into the realm of the 44 magnum.

I was wondering if anyone had seen this work before?

Offline Fiveshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Clements can give you more power on a tite budget
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 05:47:41 PM »
bigbore,
            For a very modest cost David Clements can also deepen the chambers on your stock Old Army cylinder. I had him do this to the cylinder left over from my conversion Old Army. Combine the added powder capacity with the use of 777 and a good conical bullet and you get a big boost in power. As far as a longer barrel I think I would have to say that the 7.5" model is as long a barrel as I can stand on a revolver.

Billy
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level then beat you with experience." Not sure who first said this,but it makes sense.
Best Regards,
                   Billy

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
Customizing the Ruger Old Army
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 03:03:13 AM »
Thank you for the reminder. I will contact him and see what he can do. I just have a desire to shoot something different and I figure this week I will get a nice ROA to play with.