Author Topic: Range report on S&W 3913 9mm  (Read 395 times)

Offline Paul S

• Trade Count: (0)
Range report on S&W 3913 9mm
« on: March 22, 2005, 11:43:50 PM »
I finally got a chance to shoot the little S&W 9mm I bought a few weeks ago and thought I would share some of my thoughts about it. I shot 100 rounds of UMC fmj through it at two different sittings. The first thing I noticed is that I hate the trigger pull. I'm used to my Kimber .45 that is like butta. The first shot from this gun is a very long stiff double action then after that it is single action with a long trigger pull with almost no resistance at all. It seemed the gun went off at a diffent spot in the trigger pull each time. Also there was a few times the slide stopped a little short of being a full battery. The gun is new and very tight. I think with cleaning and few hundred more rounds this should get better. On the plus side, I couldn't get over how accurate this little gun is. I was not at a range. I was at my father in laws farm and shooting my old Gate Way hard drive that I'm done pouring money into. I was shooting at approx 20 yards off hand on a very windy day and this thing was a tack driver. Even with a trigger pull that sucks I consistently put seven round groups in the size of a 50 cent piece. That's very good for me off hand. The second time I took it out I new a little more what to expect from the trigger and even shot better. And again out of 50 rd.s it failed to return to battery maybe three times. I can't tell if the trigger was a little better or I am getting used to it more. I have never done any double action shooting. Even my son shot very well with it. He blasted the Gate Way logo off and then the pentium logo off with his next shot. That surprised me with such a short gun. Plus I had always heard 9mm's lacked accuracy in most case's. This being my first one I got to say this one is right on. I would like to see what one of you guys that are good shots could do with it. :) . If any of you have been looking at one I wouldn't be scared of it . And you all that are used to double actions might not notice the weird trigger. Thanks for letting me ramble.
Paul
http://www.firearms.smith-wesson.com/store/index.php3?cat=293614&item=831354&sw_activeTab=1
Sorry for any misspellings, I couldn't get spellcheck to work and I can't proof worth a crap.