Author Topic: the TRACKER II barrel works on my 10ga frame  (Read 417 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
the TRACKER II barrel works on my 10ga frame
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:31:24 AM »
i loaded it and shot it today and the fireing pin hit right in the center :toast:
the only bad thing about having the 12ga barrel on the 10ga frame is the rim of the shotgun shell hits on the top of the frame when you go to load the gun or when you eject the spent round.down stairs i went and i grabbed a file and took alittle of the metal off the top of the frame.once i took alittle metal off i loaded that sucker up agin.still hit.back to fileing and i took off alittle more.this time when i stoped fileing i tried loading her up again. the round went right in the chamber and it ejected just like it should. :toast:
i only needed to take alittle metal off but i went slow,i didnt want to take more than what i needed.i rubbed alittle 44-40 cold blue on the spot and i know think im in there.

now its off to see my smith for a scope rail :wink:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
the TRACKER II barrel works on my 10ga fram
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:54:22 AM »
That's cool. I remember reading about the firing pin being of center becuase of the different chamber diameters. It's good to hear the results from someone that has actually done it.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 01:49:26 PM »
i will  post a picture here some time.i was thinking i would do that after the scope is installed :wink:

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
10 gauge frame
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 08:51:30 PM »
I have a Ultra Slug 12 gauge that has the SB2-10 gauge frame. Some of my rifle barrels will fit on it but I have never tried firing them...What do you fellows think...

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
SB2 10ga frame
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 11:56:48 PM »
NEF says NO.  I have read, somewhere on this site, that the SB2 10ga frame is still considered a SHOTGUN frame even though it is designated SB2.  They had to change the designation because it has been altered enough to accomodate the larger diameter 10ga barrel.  If I remember, they said that the receiver is still a shotgun receiver and not the stronger SB2 rifle receiver.  There are those who know this stuff better than I, but if memory serves me, SB2-10ga is still a shotgun(just made larger for the 10ga barrel) and not a true SB2 rifle barrel.  As Markus mentioned above, there could also be a problem with the firing pin alignment.  The larger diameter of the Ultra 12ga barrel is why they use the SB2 10ga receiver.  NEF says it is still made to shotgun specs and not rifle specs.
My thought, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.  I would listen to NEF on this one.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
SB2 10ga
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 12:33:31 AM »
Just checked the Accessory Barrel page on the NEF web site.  They only list the 10ga barrels and the Ultra 12ga bull barrel as ones they will fit to the SB2 10ga.  Hope all this info helps.
Nice to be able to offer some info instead of questions for a change!
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 01:28:10 AM »
Thanks Cookieman!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 05:34:39 AM »
Good job Cookieman. The reason that rifles barrels wont work has to do with how the recievers are made. Shotgun receivers are not designed to handle that pressure generated by centerfire rifle cartridges. A lot of folks say that with lower pressure ammo this is not a problem. I am no expert in this area but with the low cost of these guns why take the risk.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun