Author Topic: I have found my Carry Gun...  (Read 1355 times)

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
I have found my Carry Gun...
« on: February 12, 2003, 02:24:38 AM »
sweet good for you! are dept looked at those a years back!(sigma line) for our dept ! they ended up saying no! (and no to glocks to)  i have always liked the wat the sigma series shot!  maybe iam werid? good for you, go get some trigger time! good luck be safe

Offline Savage

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 02:56:52 PM »
Glad to hear you ditched the Sigma! Now is the time to get serious. If you want a reliable carry gun in an auto loader you need to be looking at Glocks/Kahrs/Sigs. Don't know about the Tarrus but can say I've had nothing but good experience with Kel tecs in the inexpensive line. I'm sure there are others out there that work equally as well. Remember the RAPS principal:
R eliability of function
A ccuracy at combat ranges.
P ower to do the job.
S ize conducive to extended carry.
Good luck,
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 02:15:10 AM »
cknight98,
IMHO----You can't go wrong with a good wheel gun as a defensive weapon! All a handgun should be for anyway is to fight your way back to your long gun! I carried a S&W mdl 36 for years and never felt undergunned. That was back before the gun writers convinced me I needed an auto with at least two extra mags! I sometimes carry a pocket gun now with no extra ammo------------guess I'm slipping back!!
Stay Safe,
Savage

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 04:26:47 AM »
cknight98,
There is no substitute for pratice. Pratice with what you carry! No time for deliberation when the stuff hits the fan! You're right of course, simpler is better!
Stay Safe,
Savage