Author Topic: my newest toy  (Read 1036 times)

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
my newest toy
« on: February 12, 2003, 02:28:16 AM »
well after a long hard search, i fianlly :-D  :-D found a used s&w 940  revolver yeap 940 it uses full moon clips to hold and extract 9mm auto rounds! iam so happy 275.00 out the door with handfull of clips! i had one yrs ago in the 3 inch but sold it  now i have the 2 inch version  love is grand!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
New Toy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 08:27:55 AM »
Deputy:  a 9mm snubnose revolver.  Thank goodness it isn't one of those horrible, terrorist preferred, x-ray undetectable, multi-shot, auto-loading semi-automatic 9mm machine pistols that self-destruct in crowded marketplaces.  

Thanks be to the Good Lord for people with common sense.  

Now, all that aside, will that fire the rimmed 9mm ammo that was made by Federal a few years back, without the clips??  Does the cartridge headspace on the rim so you can use the gun in an emergency without the full or half-moon clips?  

If you find that the typical or average 9mm loading does not give you what you want from that shorty 940, I have some loads from an old Lyman manual for cast bullets in the 9mm that may help it perform better.

Goody fer ya.  Hope this helps.  Mikey.

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
my newest toy
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 08:33:35 AM »
yeap it will fire the old auto rim rounds whch i have a supply of brass of it! alsoi have fired my old 3 inch one with out the clips! but i always say if iam to the point were is iam stripping magazines for ammo for my revolver i shouldnt have been there without my AR or MP-5!

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
my newest toy
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 09:52:56 AM »
they make a de-mooner for the clips it is avaliable through several sources brownells etc,, dillon! i love the moons there pretty rugged and i have yet to have trouble with them!  i also have a 625!  there is a website i belive you can find it under a search for full moon clips! i have delt with this guy before he is vey good so are his clips he aslo offers the de-mooning tool look him up !  i think it is a lot easier to reload under stress with the full moon clips than a speed loader ! imho!

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
my newest toy
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 06:01:27 AM »
i have the 3 inch bobbed hammer ported with a super slick trigger job! and a high -viz front sight

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
De Mooners
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 05:45:50 AM »
cknight:  I understand that lots of folks have difficulty with the full moon clips, as they seem kinda tough to load and unload.  A buncha years ago I had both a 1917 Smith and a 1917 Colt that took the 45 auto/auto rim cartridges and found the half moon clips to be very easy to work with.  Absolutely no problems to load or unload the clips and reloading time was quicker than with a magazine.  They are plentiful, and inexpensive.  You may wish to give them a try.  Hope this helps.  Mikey.

Offline Tinker

my newest toy
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 11:17:12 AM »
Quote from: cknight98
thanks for the info, i wasnt aware of a de-mooner.  i'll look them up.

One of the more comprehensive sites for moon clip info is, not surprisingly, www.moonclips.com.

They have moonclips, accessories, tools, and info on converting guns to use moonclips.
Those who sell their liberty for security are understandable, if pathetic creatures. Those who sell the liberty of OTHERS for wealth, power, or even a moment's respite, deserve only the end of a rope." Lucille Gallegos Kropotkin