Author Topic: NEF is taking their sweet time on my barrel...  (Read 741 times)

Offline stiff neck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
NEF is taking their sweet time on my barrel...
« on: March 27, 2005, 04:19:07 AM »
NEF is taking their sweet time on my barrel. I shipped it USPS Priority on Feb 7th for a new 223 barrel. They said 4-6 weeks but more like 4-5 weeks in reality.  I called them on March 14 and they said it should have gone out already but it was in shipping. I'm still waiting...  

That's a long time to wait, if I were to do it again I'd just buy another rifle and be done with it.

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
NEF is taking their sweet time on my barrel
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 05:16:30 AM »
Thats the route I have been taking. I think about this barrel and that then I give in to my gotta have it now side and just buy the rifle. I may have to send one for a 30-30 barrel though. Nobody up my way ever has a 30-30. I quess Walmart would be my best bet however there is a small dearer about thirty miles from here that I may order one from. He is a nice olf fellow is has always been helpful in gun matters. Hope you get your barrel soon. 8)
shot placement is everything.

Offline Nuttinbutchunks

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:44:12 AM »
Call em again. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You'll call them and the UPS truck will pull up while you're on the phone with them :-D
Ohhhh, I hate when that happens :eek:

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 05:05:29 AM »
I called on the 14th and they said it was in "shipping".  I called again today.  They said it shipped out on the 23rd.  It took them 9 days to actually ship it after I called?  What's up with that?

I'm on day 49 and still waiting...   :cry:

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Barrel
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 06:11:03 AM »
Mine took exactly six weeks from the day H&R received it at the plant. It was received by them on Feb 1. Ask them for a tracking number.
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 12:18:16 PM »
Sorry to hear of your trouble, I called today & my 357 should be here tomorrow, i sent it in on 2-22, charged on 3-15 shipped 3-22 4weeks. Maybe its the 223 barrel they may have had to wait for stock or something so it delayed hope you see it soon
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 12:45:18 PM »
No, they said it was in stock when I ordered it.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 04:15:19 PM »
If you paid by check, I would think they would wait for a specified time for it to clear before they shipped. When I paid by credit card, I checked my account online to see when they charged my card, the barrels always arrived a week after the charge.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Wild Bill 442

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 05:30:54 AM »
Just talked to CS.  My frame was shipped in on 15Feb05.  CS says its waiting on the 920 - 20ga Ultra Slug barrel I ordered.  None in stock.  They are currently building complete guns and as soon as that lot is complete, the barrel program will  get the balance of the barrels.  I ask if it would be a day, a week or a month, and they replied.... a week or 2.

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 03:05:14 PM »
UPDATE

It arrived today!  YES!  Seven and a half weeks is a long wait, especially when they tell you 4-5 weeks.  

When I called two and a half weeks ago they said it would not arrive before I left on vacation the next week.  It was supposed to have been shipped out by then but it wasn't.  They offered to change the mailing address since I'd be gone and delivery requires a signiture.  I changed the mailing address to my in-laws across town.  Well, they didn't deliver it to my in-laws today, they delivered it to me.  Which was fine since I was home.  But what's up with that?  

At least it's here.  I got it cleaned, polished the bore and chamber a bit, and mounted the scope etc.  Hope it shoots as well as yall say.  

Offline njanear

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
    • www.geocities.com/njanear13
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 01:18:57 AM »
Very nice looking rifle there.  I like the Ultra stock and have been thinking that the 24in Bull in .243 might be a pretty good performer.  Let us know how it shoots...

Update:  I meant the 24in barrel looked killer too - I know we are talking 2 different calibers but Handis look kind of "hot" with those longer barrels...
Njanear 
    12B/21B - Combat Engineer, the way to B           1985 - 1996 GaARNG
Atlanta, GA