Author Topic: Shot my Hi-Point 45 today....am buying a 40 tomorrow.  (Read 620 times)

Offline hardertr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Shot my Hi-Point 45 today....am buying a 40 tomorrow.
« on: March 29, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »
I picked up a Hi-Point 45 a while back "just for the fun of it".  My expectations weren't very high, and to be honest, I  bought it because it was only $130.  It has been in my safe since, and finally made it out today.

I took it to the range and ran 200 rounds through it.  NOT A SINGLE FAILURE.  I was switching back and forth between it and my Ruger 94 (40 S&W), and actually liked shooting the Hi-point better.  I love the sites and grip...I have big hands.  The last 45 I shot was my dad's Colt 1911, and I absolutely hated the way it "flipped" each time I pulled the trigger.  The Hi-point seems just heavy enough in toward the front to keep the "flip" down to that of a 9mm.

I have the 40 Carbine, and plan to go pick up another pistol in 40.  The nice part is, they both use the same mags.

I know many of you despise Hi-Point for various reasons.  Many of you will never even give it a chance.  For those of you looking for a CHEAP 45, that can hold its own....try the Hi-Point.

(BY THE WAY...the Hi-Point 40 Carbine is probably the most fun gun I have ever fired, second only to my AR-180)
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Shot my Hi-Point 45 today....am buying a 40
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 05:09:01 PM »
Good luck.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Shot my Hi-Point 45 today....am buying a 40
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:47:08 PM »
Well, I'll say it again, if that was the only gun I owned or could afford, and could be assured of it's reliability, I would carry it with confidence.
Reliability is the first requirement for a defensive handgun. I'm not a gun snob, but I do like a pistol that is easy to look at.  The Hi-Point just doesn't do that for me. I hope yours serves you well.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,