Author Topic: USH 20ga Youth stocks  (Read 338 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
USH 20ga Youth stocks
« on: March 30, 2005, 11:57:16 PM »
Has anyone bought the USH 20ga youth model and kept the youth stocks on it?  Does the shorter LOP give you problems.  Lots of lever guns are less than 14in LOP and I was wondering if I would even need to change the butt stock if I get one.  I like the 22in barrel length that comes on the youth model.  I handled one in the store and it didn't seem that the shorter LOP would be a problem.  Just wanted to hear from some of you that may have one.  I have never had anything that I used a scope with and wondered if that was a factor to consider with the shorter LOP.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
USH 20ga Youth stocks
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 01:15:02 AM »
The only way to really answer that question is to try it. I think I remember you saying that you are no a real big guy so it might fit you just right. What is you standard LOP and has that been just because that is what the gun came with? I've never been properly fitted but I've talked to guys that have and say it makes a big difference for shot gunning. If you can get in the in the same comfortable position and have a consistentent cheek to stock weld and sight picture shooting with a scope you'll be successful. Don't forget when trying it out to put on your hunting jacket as the extrapadding might make that shorter length just right.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline 3s3k

• Trade Count: (0)
USH 20ga Youth stocks
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 03:54:07 AM »
I bought a 20ga ush youth model two years ago because of the bulky clothes worn during deer season with the intent of quicker and better shouldering and I can say it worked like a champ also the 22inch barrel seems to swing in the woods better for me so i have no regrets and my 870 stays home now.However if your in a warm climate with just a shirt on could be a problem!GL

Offline 3s3k

• Trade Count: (0)
USH 20ga Youth stocks
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 03:59:41 AM »
Forgot to mention on previous post mounted a SIMMONS 4x32 PRO-DIAMOND scope with Medium Millett rings to clear hammer , scopes only 8.5inches so eye relief good and sight picture fills rear aperture.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
GOOD ADVICE
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 01:09:41 PM »
Once again, you guys have been my professors.  I never thought of the LOP changing with the type clothing you would wear for deer hunting.  You're right.  It's usually cold up here by that time and there is only an inch difference LOP between the youth and the adult.  Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"